My droid eris finally gave up......
    what should I get a htc thunderbolt or a iphone 4 or something else
    and give me reasons for your choice
    02-01-2011 06:27 PM
    Considering this is the "Verizon IPHONE forum", I'd wager that the answer here is predictable.
    02-01-2011 06:37 PM
    Im sure the average user here won't be too familiar with the Thunderbolt. Im not. Your answers will be one sided. I love the iPhone 4 for the retina display, great battery, camera with HDR, & best apps around
    02-01-2011 06:40 PM
    You need to tell us what you want out of your phone. I'm not biased and I'd recommend the Thunderbolt to one type of user and the iPhone to another. We need more information.
    02-01-2011 06:48 PM
    I'm probably going with the Thunderbolt now to be completely honest, I don't know, I can't make up my mind. I'm almost positive I won't order the iphone on the 3rd, let's put it that way, I'll probably wait til I get both in hand and make a decision. The Thunderbolt looks impressive so far, 4G capable when it is available, simultaneous voice and data, Sense UI, surround sound. Between it and the iphone, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, both are such strong competitors. A girl I went to school with works at my local Verizon and has for some time. She stated the Thunderbolt would be at the store on Feb. 14th, that they already completed their training, and she stated "OMG Tony, it's freaking amazing! Smooth as butter and I'll have it before the iphone!"
    02-01-2011 07:07 PM
    If you've ever used an EVO then you know what the Thunderbolt is. I've had many of the high end Android devices from the Nexus 1 to the EVO and all iPhone versions. I will say that it always depends on the user which device is best. I didn't like the Droid X or Samsung Captivate but I loved the Nexus 1 and EVO. So it's definitely user preference. I will say that I still think iOS is the best mobile platform but it's not for everyone. You will have to decide what's best for you.
    02-01-2011 07:39 PM
    I'm probably going with the Thunderbolt now to be completely honest, I don't know, I can't make up my mind. I'm almost positive I won't order the iphone on the 3rd, let's put it that way, I'll probably wait til I get both in hand and make a decision. The Thunderbolt looks impressive so far, 4G capable when it is available, simultaneous voice and data, Sense UI, surround sound. Between it and the iphone, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, both are such strong competitors. A girl I went to school with works at my local Verizon and has for some time. She stated the Thunderbolt would be at the store on Feb. 14th, that they already completed their training, and she stated "OMG Tony, it's freaking amazing! Smooth as butter and I'll have it before the iphone!"
    I would pick the Bionic before the Thunderbolt because the Thunderbolt is kind of outdated. It's only slightly better than the Evo, which came out last June. The Bionic has Dual Core 1GHZ processors VS a single 1GHZ processor in the Thunderbolt.

Aside from that, I'm really surprised you're not getting the iPhone.
    02-01-2011 07:40 PM
    iphone will most likely have better battery life. Has a better screen resolution. Depends if you want a larger screen and android or IOS
    02-01-2011 07:47 PM
    The Bionic has Dual Core 1GHZ processors VS a single 1GHZ processor in the Thunderbolt.

Aside from that, I'm really surprised you're not getting the iPhone.
    Might not mean much to some but didn't the Thunderbolt with it's single processor get better quad scores than the Bionic? Also, I haven't made my mind up for certain, aside from the pretty display and apps, I find myself now trying to justify the iphone.

No question the iphone has the nicest display as far as resolution, best apps, and camera. I don't like the all glass aspect even though it makes it look amazing.
    Last edited by Hangfire; 02-01-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    02-01-2011 08:28 PM
    Also, as stated, I have another upgrade due July. So I could always go with an iphone 5 or Droid Bionic at that time, even if the iphone 5 on Verizon is early next year. Besides, I have 14 days to decide if I like it, if not, it's not like the iphone is going anywhere, I just may not get one for a bit.
    02-01-2011 08:34 PM
    Seriously the Thunderbolt is a rebadged Evo on Verizon, look it up. I also heard it will not have hotspot capabilities immediately.
    02-01-2011 09:02 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the thunderbolt or bionic suppose to have a retina display type?

To be honest i love my Droid Inc. And Evo is awesome too. I'm switching to an iPhone to try something new, I've gone from a Bb and then to a droid. I can't see any of the phones being a bad decision. As long as it has sense UI, I hate the Mytouch software though.
    02-01-2011 10:13 PM
    Might not mean much to some but didn't the Thunderbolt with it's single processor get better quad scores than the Bionic? Also, I haven't made my mind up for certain, aside from the pretty display and apps, I find myself now trying to justify the iphone.

No question the iphone has the nicest display as far as resolution, best apps, and camera. I don't like the all glass aspect even though it makes it look amazing.
    I didn't know that, but that's impressive. The Evo never scores well on those tests because it has a first-gen Snapdragon, which is quite old now.

I love the glass body, but I weren't so obsessively careful with my phones, I probably wouldn't like it so much.

The only other thing for me is when I think about the fact that I'm paying $750 for the iPhone when I can get the Motorola Xoom tablet for less.

Also, as stated, I have another upgrade due July. So I could always go with an iphone 5 or Droid Bionic at that time, even if the iphone 5 on Verizon is early next year. Besides, I have 14 days to decide if I like it, if not, it's not like the iphone is going anywhere, I just may not get one for a bit.
    Understood. I don't blame you for waiting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the thunderbolt or bionic suppose to have a retina display type?

To be honest i love my Droid Inc. And Evo is awesome too. I'm switching to an iPhone to try something new, I've gone from a Bb and then to a droid. I can't see any of the phones being a bad decision. As long as it has sense UI, I hate the Mytouch software though.
    The Thunderbolt was have the same display as the Evo, which isn't even as sharp as the original Droid. The Bionic, on the other hand, will have a qHD display, which is fantastic but still not as good as the Retina display.
    02-01-2011 11:03 PM
    Seriously the Thunderbolt is a rebadged Evo on Verizon, look it up. I also heard it will not have hotspot capabilities immediately.
    It will have hotspot capability, voice and data simultaneously, a newer processor than the Evo, and will be 4G..... rebadged Evo I think not. The form factor, screen size, and UI are similar yes.
    02-01-2011 11:03 PM
    Considering this is the "Verizon IPHONE forum", I'd wager that the answer here is predictable.
    Iphone 4. I believe most of us are here because we have no other phone in mind at the moment
    02-02-2011 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD