Confusion everywhere ... just be prepared

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I remember getting my first RazR and telling my friends how it could do EVERYTHING! :) Who knew just a few years later how much things would change!

Exactly. I remember I got the Razr not too long after it hit VZW. I didn't have it for long though. I then became intrigued with the smartphones at that time i.e blackberries and treos. But I remember just having a flip phone that had the caller ID and time on the outside was a big deal. Remember we everyone wanted a camera phone :eek:

Now we complain if it doesn't record in HD.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have my first Motorola Brick/bag phone around here somewhere :)

LOL, I still have my bag phone also. I have kept all of my phones going back to when Verizon was called "Airtouch" :p

I could not wait to get that Moto Razr when it came out.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
VZW said:
Shipments for orders placed on February 3, 2011 will begin on February 10, 2011, however; depending on the amount of orders received, the actual shipment date could be later.

I'm sorry, WHAT!?

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL!

The oldest phone I have is an Analog StarTAC, before the screen changed to a green background! That was a cool (and expensive) phone too!

so thinking back...i have had 39 mobile phone in the past 12 years. i got my first one when i was 20 and have had one ever since...i wish i could remember all the models or i would name them...if anyone knows of a cell phone type archive id be willing to try....i can picture everyone, just not name them cause i dont know the models...

i just realized...the verizon iphone 4 will be my 40th...sounds like a nice number!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by VZW
Shipments for orders placed on February 3, 2011 will begin on February 10, 2011, however; depending on the amount of orders received, the actual shipment date could be later.

I'm sorry, WHAT!?

Once all the inventory of pre-order devices is spoken for, then they start waiting list, and when stock is in warehouse again, the waiting list orders are filled first come, first served.... that's what they did with Droids.

Edit to add... the Feb 10th date is the target date to have pre orders delivered, not when they start :)

Last edited:

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Geez, I go for a surgery consultation for a couple hours and you guys rack up five pages in a new thread! I think we're getting crazier as the date nears us. I still can't decide if I should add that extra line because I'll probably have to pay activation and everything, but I probably will just to be on the safe side.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Once all the inventory of pre-order devices is spoken for, then they start waiting list, and when stock is in warehouse again, the waiting list orders are filled first come, first served.... that's what they did with Droids.

Edit to add... the Feb 10th date is the target date to have pre orders delivered, not when they start :)

I wonder if they will come out and say "backordered" BEFORE I order. The reason being that if I don't get one that will be SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE BY (i.e. on or BEFORE) the 10th the I'm going to Camping World, buying some supplies and go camping in front of Verizon on the 10th. :D

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they will come out and say "backordered" BEFORE I order. The reason being that if I don't get one that will be SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE BY (i.e. on or BEFORE) the 10th the I'm going to Camping World, buying some supplies and go camping in front of Verizon on the 10th. :D

HA! Same here. If the preorder isn't going to arrive on the 10th, I will camp out at either the VZW near my house if it is dry, or the Apple Store a bit further away, but indoors....

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
HA! Same here. If the preorder isn't going to arrive on the 10th, I will camp out at either the VZW near my house if it is dry, or the Apple Store a bit further away, but indoors....

If it's dry!? Be a trooper! I'll be there in a mummy-bag stocked full of MREs with a salamander industrial heater blowing into the tent. :D

Reactions: iSRS

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If it's dry!? Be a trooper! I'll be there in a mummy-bag stocked full of MREs with a salamander industrial heater blowing into the tent. :D

If it was snow, I'd be out there. Here in SC, we'll be above freezing next week, so precipitation would be rain.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

If consistent with the AT&T launch they will shut the sites down from ordering if they see they don't/won't have enough for all the preorders. They will be making these phones around the clock for the next week. The truth is they don't know exactly how many they will have right now in total for the launch. They most likely have a quota that they are trying to get manufactured in time for shipping. It seems many people think production will halt at a certain time. They will take as many orders as they can and work hard as he11 to get all of them out by the 10th. Most devices will be shipped within 2-3 days directly from China.

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Adding more confusion - for those that are not currently eligible for promotional/discounted pricing - Log in to myVerizon now. It will say "You are eligible for an Upgrade on mm/dd/yyyy"

Right above that?

A button that says "Upgrade Now"

Click that button and it brings you to a page to select your line to Upgrade, and says "Upgrade at Full Price"

From there, it brings you to your phone selection, showing Month to Month (Full Retail) pricing.

So, technically, by VZW terms, we are ALL upgrading.

Hell I sure am upgrading from my laggy Droid X :cool:

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
man this is ridiculous, I wish Verizon would just add a FAQ on their iphone page to clear up all the confusion. :(

I want to order 2 iphones, and have 3 lines eligible for upgrade, but one of the lines that wants the iphone isnt eligible for upgrade. I know I can order 2 iphones on thursday(as long as I wake up on time) but I sure do hope they let me transfer an upgrade so I wont have to deal with activating and then swapping phones on that one line.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ha I do think we are all literally going crazy, there is so much tension as we approach tomorrow which will then only be a few hours away from the pre-order! VZ keeps talking about the fact that they are ready for this launch so I really hope they are accurate and I get a pre-order through!

My heart will definitely be racing at 3am though!

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ha I do think we are all literally going crazy, there is so much tension as we approach tomorrow which will then only be a few hours away from the pre-order! VZ keeps talking about the fact that they are ready for this launch so I really hope they are accurate and I get a pre-order through!

My heart will definitely be racing at 3am though!

lol yeah, hopefully this place will settle down once the phone is actually in our hands hahaha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh