I need help from current Beejive users

PremeOne

Jan 27, 2011
www.twitter.com
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and just got back on the iPhone bandwagon (I never should have left). In any case, I'm looking for an IM client with a clean UI and just works. I've tried just about all of them, so I'm not really asking what client is everyone's favorite. I downloaded Beejive's Facebook app yesterday and think the UI is really nice (except for the ads), and have had no problems with the app as of yet.

When I went to look into the reviews of the full Beejive app in the app store, I read a TON of negative reviews about the current version. I know a lot of people may just write reviews when they're unhappy, and might not be as inclined to do so when they're enjoying the app; so I'm asking everyone for their input before I spend the $10. Is it worth buying right now? Are there too many bugs? Should I wait until a new version comes out and wait to see if the bugs have been ironed out?

Thanks for the help!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
$10 for an IM app? lol...you've got to be off your rocker if you'd spend that. I didn't realize people still used IM anymore outside of the facebook one (that is free), but yahoo messenger is also free, has a better review average and can use various IM sources to chat...

$10 is just laughable in my opinion...in an age where you have countless numbers of free IM options (not to mention the fact that iPhones text interface is basically an IM style bubble UI).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Way to not address the question, Sean.

I have Beejive and have never had a problem with it. Granted, I don't use it a lot, but when I do - it works as it should.

Reactions: PremeOne

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Sean, You would rather pay a monthly fee to IM instead of a one time fee?

Beejive is working fine for me, not sure what the bad reviews are about. I get push notifications instantly and it keeps me logged into my accounts fine.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I do think $10 is a lot for the app but I know that helps their servers upkeep. If I used IM often I would buy it.

iPhone Tapatalk

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I picked up Beejive back when I first got my 3GS. I don't use it nearly as often as I expected I might. It's useful when I need it but it does seem to be a bit of a battery pig.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean, You would rather pay a monthly fee to IM instead of a one time fee?

I'd rather pay nothing if i were to use an IM app, but assuming you're referring to my texting comment, i was simply pointing out that, when a person is paying for texts anyways, that its interface is the same...not that it was an effective replacement for a free/one time fee IM...just showing the similarity of its setup. Of course if a person was trying to find one of these features to replace the cost of texting packages, it would start making sense, but in that, there are free text apps as well that we could get into...

Honestly, i was just baffled that someone would pay $10 for an IM app...but different strokes i suppose, i wasn't trying to attack the OP, just responding to the idea of spending that kind of money on something you can get for free.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I feel ya, I probably wouldn't have gotten Beejive had it not gone on sale when PNS first went live years ago.

In the process of getting people to start texting to my GV number so I can stop throwing away money to AT&T myself.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thankfully, I got Beejive the one time it seemed to be on sale! I love it, best IM app I have used. Have to admit though, I wouldn't have paid $10 for it, I only got it 'cuz it was on sale.

However, it has never logged me off, and I have never missed a message!

PremeOne

Jan 27, 2011
www.twitter.com
@Renee: Great reviews from Ally, which is what made me look into Beejive to begin with. So I guess my guess my question isn't so much what other people like in IM clients, as much as it is, is Beejive worth it right now.

@Sean: I'm not offended. Unfortunately, people that I keep in touch with, can only communicate via IM during the day (whether it be Gchat, Yahoo, Facebook, etc.); so I'm looking for a competent IM client (I guess I'd be considered an IM "power user"). While there are freebies and less expensive apps out there, they lack features, are buggy, or just look like a child wrote the program.

I don't mind paying the $10, I just want to see if all of the negative reviews in the app store seem to be everyone else's experiences. From the looks of it, it looks like everybody seem is happy with the app, so I guess I'm going to jump in.

Thanks for all of your replies!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@Renee: Great reviews from Ally, which is what made me look into Beejive to begin with. So I guess my guess my question isn't so much what other people like in IM clients, as much as it is, is Beejive worth it right now.

@Sean: I'm not offended. Unfortunately, people that I keep in touch with, can only communicate via IM during the day (whether it be Gchat, Yahoo, Facebook, etc.); so I'm looking for a competent IM client (I guess I'd be considered an IM "power user"). While there are freebies and less expensive apps out there, they lack features, are buggy, or just look like a child wrote the program.

I don't mind paying the $10, I just want to see if all of the negative reviews in the app store seem to be everyone else's experiences. From the looks of it, it looks like everybody seem is happy with the app, so I guess I'm going to jump in.

Thanks for all of your replies!

Makes sense...just $10, sheesh.

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I use Textfree with Voice. Provides unlimited texting and voice. Great free app. Just need to get a Textfree phone number (also no charge.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro