went to the apple retail store to play with the new Iphone 4 great place to try new stuff for free my kind of store.

anyway while I was navigating apps on iphone i overheard this conversation from apple sales to a customer wondering which service to use at&t or verizon.

sir I can tell you of at&t plans available for the Iphone but as to the verizon iphone plans they've told us nothing so I can't tell you the differences between them until they make it available to us.

my question is why the big secret of whats to be offered you'd think verizon would be wanting to create all the hype it could to all interested ready to go and at the doors like in the mervyns adds chanting open open.
    Last edited by crazy4cell; 01-31-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    01-31-2011 06:58 PM

went to the apple retail store to play with the new Iphone 4 great place to try new stuff for free my kind of store.

anyway while I was navigating apps on iphone i overheard this conversation from apple sales to a customer wondering which service to use at&t or verizon.

sir I can tell you of at&t plans available for the Iphone but as to the verizon iphone plans they've told us nothing so I can't tell you the differences between them until they make it available to us.

my question is why the big secret of whats to be offered you'd think verizon would be wanting to create all the hype it could to all interested ready to go and at the doors like in the mervyns adds chanting open open.
    Dude...the iPhone plans are all out in the open and confirmed. Any questions you had on the plans?
    01-31-2011 07:25 PM
    I assumed the plans for smartphones on verizons web site included the iphone, but you'll not find a way yet to select a plan with the iphone yet so alls not what appears to be until I see it in print on verizons site.
    unless you know of a back door I haven't found.

I just posted this as a gentleman my age was asking the question of an apple rep. thats all I was implying
    01-31-2011 08:11 PM
    Verizon's voice plans are what they are - and will not change from what's on their web site.

The iPhone data plans are unlimited data on the phone - $29.99/month; or $49.99/month for unlimited phone data with a 2GB/month bucket of data to use the mobile hotspot feature.

And I wouldn't expect the Apple store folks to know this - yet... but by this time next week, they should Maybe they haven't had the training yet.
    01-31-2011 08:20 PM
    Yeah man, you cant expect every rep to know the sort of stuff us serious techies do, lol.
    01-31-2011 08:21 PM
    thank you for the plan details and costs for same.
    01-31-2011 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD