Moving Library Mac to Windows, multi iOS Devices?

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Good evening,
Really like the site first of all, although its my first time posting. I have an iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Classic and they all sync to my macbook. I am finding, though, that I am on my Windows desktop (Windows 7, 64Bit) almost 95% of the time and find it a pain if I buy a song on my phone and want to get it over to my iPod I have to break out the macbook (which I really only use when I travel). I had noticed over the years that in iTunes when I synced a device it would say it was synced with a mac but I don't notice that anymore. I have iTunes on my desktop here and was just reading on this site about using multiple libraries in iTunes. My contacts and calendar are synced with MobileMe. Is it just a matter of plugging in the devices to my pc and letting it do its thing or is it more involved and something that could screw things up?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Sky_eye

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe you would have to move all your iTunes stuff from the Mac to Windows, since the iOS device sticks to one OS and the person at the apple store told me you would have to format that iOS device to make it work on windows. (though I maybe wrong on this)

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This is only true for iPod's the only think I can think of is to backup your iTunes Library to CD/DVD's and authorize the computer on iTunes w/Windows and restore the iTunes library and resync the phones is the only way it'll work, but I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I am running iTunes and am signed in on both machines with the same account. I only buy music, video, and apps from either the iPhone or iPad but have to sync it to macbook. Is it possible to keep the same info on both machines? I have noticed that as long as I have both computers running I am supposed to be able to copy over the network....