Bye, bye blackberry

littles845

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have held onto a blackberry smartphone for the past 7 years, reliable, trusty and durable phone. I was getting tired of waiting 4 RIM to put out a new age phone. Got bored with my BB os and want something new. So, this post is to say lata, to my bold! From crack berry to tipb.

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Storm was my first BB and I have been eligible for a upgrade since Sept. I was contemplating on getting a Incredible then to leave my BB as I have went thru 4-5 Storms. Even went as far as to being half way through signing a new contract but backed out with hopes of a ViP one day soon. Boy am I happy. Bye Bye Storm... U wont be missed but will be kept for a backup:D

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Storm for about 2 years and I am sooooooo ready to get rid of it. If RIM would let us Storm users know that something is in the works then I may have been willing to stick around but some specs that will be outdated when its released in Q3 will be less than average I will be getting my iPhone on the 3rd...GOODBYE RIM SINCE YOU REFUSE TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
as a former bb user and someone who jumped ship over a year ago, I had ever bb known to man in a 2 year span, pearl, curve, storm 1 and 2, tour... None of you will miss them lol ... maybe bbm and the LED.. butttt the iPhone has such an easier UI, you'll find out that life without bbm and led is fantassstic lol

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had a curve, S1, and a S2. All of them have been terrible. The BB OS is antiquated and the amount of RAM loaded on the device is not nearly enough to run the OS and a typical number of apps, when you take into account the memory leaks. Therefore, a typical person has to do full battery pulls at least once every two days. Then you must wait ten minutes as the phone reboots. I have never had a phone take this long to reboot. Heck not even my old POS HP desktop didn't take this long to reboot in its last days. The S1 and S2 designs are terrible. The hepatic screen goes after one month of usage. After that you get the common multi-click bug. So far no amount of tweaking the screen settings have solved the issue. Finally we have the issue with the lack of apps in the BB app store. The apps for BB can described with one word, ****ty. The app selection has not improved one bit since the launch of the BB app store. I have zero confidence RIM will ever get its act together.

I cannot wait to get rid of this phone.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
None of you will miss them lol ... maybe bbm and the LED.. butttt the iPhone has such an easier UI, you'll find out that life without bbm and led is fantassstic lol

Whatsapp works on Android and iPhone... its pretty much just like BBM. I use it extensively. So much that I was able to knock down my text plan to the 250 a month tier.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Cant wait to drop my Tour. I will hang onto it for a while to use if I travel out of the country (a couple times a year).

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
it seems like everyone had a blackberry... well i just know im glad to get rid of my original storm it gives me so much problems now

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
it seems like everyone had a blackberry... well i just know im glad to get rid of my original storm it gives me so much problems now

Yup . . I had the original Storm for a year. Last February, I upgraded to the Storm2, hoping for better results . . . nope, still sucked. I really wanted to like it but all the well documented problems associated with the Storms got old quick.

Now I'm paying full retail for 2 Verizon iPhones (wife and I), and couldn't be happier to get rid of those Storms.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner