Hello everybody. Long time member here but took an an Android sebatical. Now that VZW is offering the iPhone........i can't help myself and must swicth back.

Here's my question, and I'm just looking for opinions and discussion.

Will our Feb 3 order ship immediately? Or when do you think we will get posession?

I would like to think that since we're PRE-ordering we would get them before the actual launch date.....but you really never know. They are being very tight lipped about everything.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    01-31-2011 02:38 PM
    that is the million dollar question...

but seriously, it doesnt seem like anyone really knows at this point. some say it will ship right away and some say it will ship on the 10th (or later). When I called today they said it would arrive on the 11th, but many people on this forum believe/hope it will ship earlier.
    01-31-2011 02:40 PM
    If the email I got from Customer service can be believed, they will ship to arrive Feb 10th.
    Pre-orders will most likely be scheduled to be delivered on launch. Pre-ordering is not to ensure that you get your device before everyone. It's to ensure that you actually get one, don't have to stand in a long line and gives Apple and Verizon an indication of the amount expected to be sold. Believe it or not but Apple will most likely be having these things made around the clock for the next 2 weeks to get as many as they can out.
    01-31-2011 03:30 PM
    According to one of Verizon's twitter account @VZWSupport, all preorders will ship and be received on or before the 10th for whatever that means.
    02-01-2011 12:53 AM
    According to one of Verizon's twitter account @VZWSupport, all preorders will ship and be received on or before the 10th for whatever that means.
    That means expect it the 10th, and if you get it before, be tickled whatever color you prefer to be tickled.
    02-01-2011 08:23 AM
    from the VZW FAQ page:

6. If I pre-order iPhone 4, when will I receive it?

iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before February 10, 2011.
    02-01-2011 12:04 PM
    from the VZW FAQ page:

6. If I pre-order iPhone 4, when will I receive it?

iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before February 10, 2011.
    that is not ambiguous at all...
    02-01-2011 12:15 PM
    that is not ambiguous at all...
    It's a statement with invisible writing behind it that reads.... C.Y.A.
    02-01-2011 12:34 PM
    It's a statement with invisible writing behind it that reads.... C.Y.A.
    LOL seriously! That answer falls in line with what Keith's been saying the whole time. Expect it to arrive on 2/10 but be tickled pink (or did he say your choice of color) if it arrives sooner!
    02-01-2011 12:41 PM
    Another installment from the "For what it's worth" department... the latest reply from Verizon Customer Service with regard to nailing the jello to the wall: (bold emphasis mine)

I appreciate your interest in receiving an iPhone as soon as possible. My name is (redacted) and I welcome the opportunity to explain that pre-orders will be shipped to arrive to you on the release date and most likely will not arrive any sooner. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    It's likely not going to get any more specific than this until orders are actually made, and confirmations with tracking numbers are in hand.... so, anyone that gets delivery before the 10th can be tickled their choice of color.
    iSRS and Entertainment72 like this.
    02-01-2011 03:04 PM
    Thanks, Kieth! If I get it prior to the 10th, I'll choose...

white, in honor of the elusive white iPhone

I get it AFTER the 10th?

GREEN, GREY, RED (All colors the Hulk has been)
    02-01-2011 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD