View Poll Results: Trust Twitter Or Trust The Official Email/Other Reps?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twitter (an upgrade is required to get the iPhone 4).

0 0%
  • Email/Reps (any current customer can upgrade, even at full retail).

9 56.25%
  • I'm preparing for both by using the work-around. I NEED this phone.

1 6.25%
  • I just want to vote so I'm not left out.

6 37.50%
    Just catching up on everything this morning after getting home from the ER. I've been having unbearable pain lately and last night it felt like a fish hook wedged deep in my stomach tissue that someone was reeling in. It hurt like hell and come to find out, it's because I have a ONE INCH kidney stone (I have 26 total) blocking my kidney from functioning. So I know it's completely off topic, but I brought it up because I have to have emergency surgery at some point this week and the only thing keeping me sane was knowing that I would have my beautiful new iPhone 4 on the way. Then come to find out, once I was home I read what Verizon wrote on Twitter! It makes me so mad but I need to be prepared either way. So what I'm going to do is activate my old Versa without a contract and if I need to use that upgrade and pay the ETF, I will. However, I'm going to try to upgrade as full retail first. What's everyone else going to do?

And sorry about all the off topic info, it's just what's really on my mind and it helped me explain why I was so immensely saddened and disappointed by the news.
    01-31-2011 11:37 AM
    One would think that those reps who represent Verizon on Twitter would be the most informed, best trained, and the most in the know in order to set the proper expectations.

Verizon has been, I think, less than adequate with some of their handling of PR, and addressing FAQs - we've come up with questions here that I don't think they've dreamed of answering, but should - pre-order shipping being the biggest.
    01-31-2011 11:51 AM
    I am trusting the email I received, and will be holding the representative on the phone that I will be calling accountable for that email if for some reason I cannot reserve mine at 3AM.

Good luck with that surgery Jakes, feel better!
    01-31-2011 12:14 PM
    Twitter, like anything you read online is not always true.
    01-31-2011 12:54 PM
    Twitter, like anything you read online is not always true.
    I only get my information from reputable sources like Wikipedia!

As for the topic at hand, sorry, but it 100% could go either way. This is one of the most "everything is up in the air, no one knows what is going on, keeping everything a secret, not having their sh(^( in one sock" launches I have ever seen.
    01-31-2011 12:58 PM
    I wouldnt see why you wouldnt be able to when there is always an option for full retail purchase and twitter isnt always accurate not to mention alot of the things verizon people tell you. Since they sent out an email to me and I am not due for an upgrade until July I cant see why you wouldnt be able to
    01-31-2011 01:37 PM
    I am trusting the email I received, and will be holding the representative on the phone that I will be calling accountable for that email if for some reason I cannot reserve mine at 3AM.

Good luck with that surgery Jakes, feel better!
    I don't blame you. I would hold them responsible too. I figure it is only ten dollars though to add the Versa and have a backup plan, so I'm gonna do that anyway. I just want my damn iPhone.

And thank you, I appreciate that.
    01-31-2011 05:14 PM
    One would think that those reps who represent Verizon on Twitter would be the most informed, best trained, and the most in the know in order to set the proper expectations.

Verizon has been, I think, less than adequate with some of their handling of PR, and addressing FAQs - we've come up with questions here that I don't think they've dreamed of answering, but should - pre-order shipping being the biggest.
    Agreed here. These should be easy questions that ALL reps should have pre-programmed answers to.

Anyway, it doesn't much matter to me what Twitter says. Thank GOD I have a line eligible for upgrade!

If I didn't, I would DEFINITELY add a line with an old phone on it so I'd have a line ready to upgrade.
    01-31-2011 07:52 PM
    I guess that tweet was taken down and they said you can preorder at full retail. Check on their twitter VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter
    01-31-2011 08:25 PM
    So now that they're saying you can purchase at full retail on the 3rd, I don't know if I should add the extra line. If I do I think I'd have to pay activation fees and stuff. Decisions, decisions.
    02-01-2011 02:57 PM
    So now that they're saying you can purchase at full retail on the 3rd, I don't know if I should add the extra line. If I do I think I'd have to pay activation fees and stuff. Decisions, decisions.
    I think at this point it is safe to say that we WILL be able to pre-order at FULL RETAIL. I would not want to add a line and then find out I can pre-order at full retail.
    02-01-2011 03:32 PM
    I think at this point it is safe to say that we WILL be able to pre-order at FULL RETAIL. I would not want to add a line and then find out I can pre-order at full retail.
    I don't really want to either but the alternative is worse. Would you rather not add a line only to find out that you can't order at full retail?
    02-01-2011 04:11 PM
    I don't really want to either but the alternative is worse. Would you rather not add a line only to find out that you can't order at full retail?
    I see what you are saying, unfortunately I am already at the max (5) lines. So I am all in on the 3am pre-order for full retail!
    02-01-2011 06:57 PM
    I see what you are saying, unfortunately I am already at the max (5) lines. So I am all in on the 3am pre-order for full retail!
    I'm at four lines right now, the added line would be my fifth. At this point, I think I'm just going to hope for the best and not add the line. If I just had to pay the $10 monthly fee it would be fine, but with all the activation fees it just isn't worth it. I just pray that it's available to order at full retail.
    02-01-2011 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD