upgrade question

patsfan 1991

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello, im new here and i have a question about my upgrade. I am looking forward to pre ordering my verizon 32 gb iphone at 3 am thursday morning but since my upgarde is febuary 4th i was wondering if i will be able to pay the upgrade price since it is a day before? The phone comes out on the 10th so i dont know how this is going to work? any body have any idea?

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello, im new here and i have a question about my upgrade. I am looking forward to pre ordering my verizon 32 gb iphone at 3 am thursday morning but since my upgarde is febuary 4th i was wondering if i will be able to pay the upgrade price since it is a day before? The phone comes out on the 10th so i dont know how this is going to work? any body have any idea?

You'll need to be eligible for an upgrade on 2/3 to pre-order on 2/3.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I would call them and see if they can move it. IF Twitter is to be believed, there is a similar question out there for someone who is eligible on 2/6, and the response was that they would need to wait until 2/6.

Reactions: patsfan 1991

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to be eligible for an upgrade on 2/3 to pre-order on 2/3.

I'm not so sure about that i just called a customer rep to find out somethings.. i have a family line me and my girlfriend my line is eligible for a annual upgrade but her line isn't i asked him if i would still be able to upgrade her line he told me i can i would just have to pay full retail for that line(which i have no problem doing) and he also told me at 12:01 :confused:..... But he also mentioned the 3am launch.. i feel like a lot of reps aren't to sure about the time

patsfan 1991

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would call them and see if they can move it. IF Twitter is to be believed, there is a similar question out there for someone who is eligible on 2/6, and the response was that they would need to wait until 2/6.

i called them this morning and got it taken care of. the first time i called the lady said it was against the law for them to change the upgrade date so i hung up and called again and the second lady understood that i would be eligible on the 10th to upgrade so she gladly bumped my upgrade one day earlier to the 3rd so now its possible for me to pre order :)

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i called them this morning and got it taken care of. the first time i called the lady said it was against the law for them to change the upgrade date so i hung up and called again and the second lady understood that i would be eligible on the 10th to upgrade so she gladly bumped my upgrade one day earlier to the 3rd so now its possible for me to pre order :)
Sweet! Also, love your user name. Still feeling a bit down from the loss. Been a Pats fan all my life

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
same here man, love the pats... what kills me is that we would of beat the steelers..
Yup. And GB or the Bears, both who we have lost SB's to. Would have loved the run up to a Pats/Bears. I bet Chi would have had "Super Bowl Shuffle 2.0"

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
HA HA HA HA! Cheesy... Packers.... Sorry, first thing that came to my mind...

quezsmith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys - Did any of you receive the email about preparing for the iPhone? I want to save my old emails and it says we need to sign up for visual voicemail and then save them to a sd card. I signed up for visual voicemail today but I can't seem to get it to work. Am I crazy? Anyone else need to save their precious voicemails?

quezsmith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't have Visual Voice Mail before, signing up for it deleted any old voice mails you may have had.

ok. So I just called Verizon in a panic (precious vm that can NOT be replaced) and asked them about the email they sent and the csr just told me that the email is correct. I need to sign up for visual voice mail and then back up my voicemails so that I can transfer them to the iPhone. What is going on with Verizon? Just to be safe, I told her to cancel my order for visual voicemail and she acted like I was crazy. She keep reading me the instructions on the email that we got:

If your device is Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail capable, please follow these steps to Save a Copy:

1) Subscribe if you have not already done so ($2.99/month).
2) Open Visual Voice Mail >>> Select the Message Menu >>> Options >>> Save A Copy/Archive >>> Save to SD Card or External Memory
3) Please note: Steps may vary based on device type
4) Once the messageis saved to the SD Card, you can transfer the message via SD Card to your computer.

Once the audio file is saved onto your computer, you can use most PC or MAC audio players to listen to the message. If you currently do not have a working audio player, click here to download the PureVoice software to your computer to listen to your message.

ugh!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Visual Voicemail and the standard voicemail are on separate servers/voice mail systems the way I understand it... and if you sign up for visual voice mail, your mailbox on the old server/system is gone when you change... if you have standard voice mail, you'll either need to use the service recommended by Verizon, or - find another way to record them yourself.... you can use google voice and something like a program called "Audacity" to record using a computer... or purchase a recording interface at radio shack and dial in on a POTS phone, and record to audio cassette.

quezsmith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Visual Voicemail and the standard voicemail are on separate servers/voice mail systems the way I understand it... and if you sign up for visual voice mail, your mailbox on the old server/system is gone when you change... if you have standard voice mail, you'll either need to use the service recommended by Verizon, or - find another way to record them yourself.... you can use google voice and something like a program called "Audacity" to record using a computer... or purchase a recording interface at radio shack and dial in on a POTS phone, and record to audio cassette.

Awesome ( not really), so Verizon is giving out false information????? WTH?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox