Can't Pre-order on 2/3 unless eligible for upgrade?

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, got a 'response' from the email I sent earlier. Guess because I called and got told full retail is able to preorder, no need to put it in writing. I like the 'you are on the right plan' part.
Dear Shawn Starbird,
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless via our Website, my name is T.J. I am happy to address your concern regarding you purchasing the IPhone.
Upon reviewing your account, I found that you have spoken with a representative earlier. *It appears that your concern has been addressed.
Further review of your usage reflects that you are on the best plan for your needs. Should your needs change, you may change your plan through My Verizon, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. I recommend making changes on the 24th of the month. This is the first day of your billing cycle, and will provide you with the benefit of your full allowance. You may use the link below to review the plans we offer:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...nFirst&action=viewPlanOverview&token=3wYVG8ZL
We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Confirming - adding lines now means you can upgrade later

Just wanted to confirm that if you have an old phone or two laying around, VZ will allow you to add them on a month-to-month contract now, and they will be eligible to upgrade at the promotional price to the iphone on Thursday (2/3). Although you have to pay the activation fee now, you won't have to pay later when you upgrade to the 2-year contract.

The phone rep says he's been getting calls like that all day long...

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to confirm that if you have an old phone or two laying around, VZ will allow you to add them on a month-to-month contract now, and they will be eligible to upgrade at the promotional price to the iphone on Thursday (2/3). Although you have to pay the activation fee now, you won't have to pay later when you upgrade to the 2-year contract.

I just did this today. :D

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

What is the max number of lines you can have under a family account? (We already have 5).

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand.... this is the impression I got to begin with as Im am eligible for a upgrade. We already planed on my wife having to wait until the 10th to pay full retail or add a line for her to get it.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand.... this is the impression I got to begin with as Im am eligible for a upgrade. We already planed on my wife having to wait until the 10th to pay full retail or add a line for her to get it.

You can preorder on the 3rd for full retail if you are a current verizon customer

smj

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
pre-order iphone4

Only Verizon customers eligible for an upgrade can order on the 3rd for $199 with 2 year contract, all others on the 10;)th and then at full retail price if not eligible for upgrade.:cool:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought I posted this on here last night, but I guess not...

I spoke to a phone CSR last night who told me that ESN-swapping would NOT be supported for the iPhone (at least, not right away). This stands in contrast to what other phone CSRs have assured me over the last several days. She checked with her manager who backed up the story. She claimed it had to do with a "special Apple chip" which prevented a different number from being assigned to the phone.

I don't believe her 100%, but I'm preparing myself to have to start giving out a new phone number to friends and family...

quezsmith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Only Verizon customers eligible for an upgrade can order on the 3rd for $199 with 2 year contract, all others on the 10;)th and then at full retail price if not eligible for upgrade.:cool:

What about those who are eligible for an upgrade and still have their "New every 2" discount. Is the $199 including the "new every two"?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73