Can't Pre-order on 2/3 unless eligible for upgrade?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a mgr at Verizon cs, He informed me that as of right now there is nothing offical stating if you will be able to pre order at full retail or not. He said the last email they had gotten said pre launch Feb 3rd @ 3AM and that the pricing would be $199 and $299. (He told be that some of the confusion right now may be that the original email only talked about people who could upgrade now with the pricing for them and said nothing about full retail at all). He also said that they would be notified at a later date as to what full retail pricing would be if you could pre order at full retail on the 3rd. Now I know we have all heard that the price would be $649 and $749 but he said they would be the same price as on the Apple website.

I'm not saying we will or will not be able to pre order at full retail Feb 3rd but from what I was told there has been nothing offical saying that will not be able to. I guess we just try and see if we can.

Last edited:

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
How dare you mess with peoples' hopes and dreams of getting one before that. Shame on you. You may even be gang-bashed if you dare repeat it another thread despite being on-topic, and your comments being germane to the conversation.

(/sarcasm)

They are relaying what they have been told, and not just stating their personal speculation.

It's the ones that give their opinion as fact, over and over and over, thread after thread after thread... Like that one guy.. Whats his name.. It's on the tip of my tongue.. I'm sure you know who I mean..

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
They are relaying what they have been told, and not just stating their personal speculation.

It's the ones that give their opinion as fact, over and over and over, thread after thread after thread... Like that one guy.. Whats his name.. It's on the tip of my tongue.. I'm sure you know who I mean..

highlife? xD

No, I'm messing around. I believe it will ship as soon as we order it. :D

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying we will or will not be able to pre order at full retail Feb 3rd but from what I was told there has been nothing offical saying that will not be able to. I guess we just try and see if we can.

I still say official on the manager at the store's end or not.....the invitation email I got stated repeatedly, along with the website, Existing Verizon Wireless Customers. I don't leave that up for interpretation.

Trying and see if we can at 3PM, I could go that route casually and make a call if I couldn't and be a little disappointed if it dosen't work out. There is nothing casual about trying at 3AM. Heh heh, there's a saying don't piss all over my back and tell me it's raining. They had better damn well sure to clear up any question marks on whether I can or cannot or they will have some angry "Loyal Verizon Wireless Customers"

highlife? xD

No, I'm messing around. I believe it will ship as soon as we order it. :D

This part they left open ended and up for interpretation, there is a lot of CYA lingo that could be read one way or the other. If I didn't get it the 4th or 5th I will not be nearly as disgruntled as if I flat out couldn't order it because my contract isn't up, and they didn't say anything in that direction.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This part they left open ended and up for interpretation, there is a lot of CYA lingo that could be read one way or the other. If I didn't get it the 4th or 5th I will not be nearly as disgruntled as if I flat out couldn't order it because my contract isn't up, and they didn't say anything in that direction.

Really. Why don't they just say "It's not-not-un-maybe-perhaps-might-coult possibly-there is a chance-even money-50/50 chance-it may be shipping sometime in Feb. Thank You for your patience."

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still say official on the manager at the store's end or not.....the invitation email I got stated repeatedly, along with the website, Existing Verizon Wireless Customers. I don't leave that up for interpretation.

Trying and see if we can at 3PM, I could go that route casually and make a call if I couldn't and be a little disappointed if it dosen't work out. There is nothing casual about trying at 3AM. Heh heh, there's a saying don't piss all over my back and tell me it's raining. They had better damn well sure to clear up any question marks on whether I can or cannot or they will have some angry "Loyal Verizon Wireless Customers"

I agree with you, I'm going to be up at 3am and if I can't order one I'm going to be ticked!

Last edited:

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Really. Why don't they just say "It's not-not-un-maybe-perhaps-might-coult possibly-there is a chance-even money-50/50 chance-it may be shipping sometime in Feb. Thank You for your patience."

They did, go to verizonwireless.com/weknowaboutasmuchasyoudoaboutthedetailsoftheiphonelaunch

I think the wording used was exactly as you put it :p

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree, they should stop beating around the bush and tell us whats going on. I don't understand all the secrecy with this kinda of crap. We already know the phone is coming out, give us details that we can confirm on like pricing, pre-order dates, arrivals for those who pre-orders...etc.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree, they should stop beating around the bush and tell us whats going on. I don't understand all the secrecy with this kinda of crap. We already know the phone is coming out, give us details that we can confirm on like pricing, pre-order dates, arrivals for those who pre-orders...etc.

We already know pricing, pre-order dates and just like any iPhone launch pre orders will most likely be scheduled to arrive on release day notwithstanding a few that may be delivered a day or 2 earlier. But for the most part all this stuff you listed, is already know.

The thing people are having questions about is can they pre-order at full retail on the 3rd. I do think they should let people know about this.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Just posted in another thread, but looks like VZWSupport Twitter is catching up on a weekend worth of confusion. To sum it up: Yes, you can preorder @ Full Retail, and it should arrive "on or by 2/10"

Reactions: quezsmith

gamecocks524

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@RCurran28 That is correct. On 2/3/11 you can purchase the 16G IPhone 4 for $649.99 and the 32G Iphone 4 for $749.99. *OG

@TylerS_PowerNet iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before 02/10/2011. *OG

tylerd#IM

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any clarification of using another upgrade on your Family Plan, and then transferring it to another number? Is there anyway to transfer the upgrade now? Thanks.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got a text message from the my friend at Verizon that said they are doing their iPhone training today and they were notified that we WILL be able to pre order at full retail. :D

Just wanted to pass that along.

Reactions: iSRS

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got a text message from the my friend at Verizon that said they are doing their iPhone training today and they were notified that we WILL be able to pre order at full retail. :D

Just wanted to pass that along.

Ask your friend about shipping :)

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Great to have more confirmation! Thanks! I am wondering if they intentionally threw out the "upgrade eligible" BS on a Saturday Night to get an idea of the outcry. Do it via a tweet, that was less than clear, and monitor the reaction on forums like these, as well as calls it generated. Wouldn't surprise me. Ultimately, it seems they are making the right decision.

buckeyegoose

Banned
Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
YouTube - Pre-Order Verizon iPhone 4 Loop Hole, Must See Feb 3rd NOT Feb 10th

Looks like I'm not alone. =/

I'll head up to VZW in the morning and see what happens. Why to screw thing up VZW.

What he dosent say is if he's adding a line to an existing account, or if he's establishing a new account. As if its a new account this wont work for him, as in order to sign up for myverizon he will have to be able to recieve the sms txt with the temp password that will be sent while he signs up. FYI

buckeyegoose

Banned
Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

shoot by 3pm they will be gone and vzw's servers crashed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice