Can't Pre-order on 2/3 unless eligible for upgrade?

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Also seems as though you'll need an upgrade and alternate upgrade isn't possible. You'll need to activate and then do an ESN Swap:

@VZWSupport What is the process I follow if I pre-order the iPhone 4 using my family members upgrade and they live in a different state?

@johnyboy189 If you are the account holder, you can upgrade that line, but the device will have to be activated on that line also. *OG

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OK Verizon, you better hope this info is wrong:

Q: I want to add a line to put the iPhone on that, can I do that on the 3rd?
A: No, only upgrades.

That is Utter BS and BETTER not be true!

mkm

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
They are really making this process frustrating! I don't know why they feel they need to withhold so much information/make it impossible for people to know what is true and what is false

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not only would it add a week until us CURRENT VERIZON CUSTOMERS get it, but we'd also have to camp for it!? Verizon, if you screw up this launch, I may just pass on the iP4 from you.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
They are really making this process frustrating! I don't know why they feel they need to withhold so much information/make it impossible for people to know what is true and what is false

Agreed. This would be something easy to put on the FAQ. Like Q1.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you were planning on adding a line next week, here's what you can do to add a line now and make it eligible for upgrade (you will need an old Verizon phone).

Add a line to your family share TODAY. Put your old phone on the line (easy with the ESN). Add it as month-to-month, no contract. The line will instantly be eligible for an upgrade.

(You're welcome :))

Quick follow-up: I don't think you can do this through myVerizon, but it's DEFINITELY do-able. And hey, you have 3 days to get it done!

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If you were planning on adding a line next week, here's what you can do to add a line now and make it eligible for upgrade (you will need an old Verizon phone).

Add a line to your family share TODAY. Put your old phone on the line (easy with the ESN). Add it as month-to-month, no contract. The line will instantly be eligible for an upgrade.

(You're welcome :))

Quick follow-up: I don't think you can do this through myVerizon, but it's DEFINITELY do-able. And hey, you have 3 days to get it done!

What a tremendous load of crap. (Not your advice, but the whole thing).

So, let me get this straight:

1) Take this old craptastic LG-voyager that I used to use into VZW.
2)Tell them to add it for $9.99/mo.
3)On Feb 3rd, "Upgrade" to the iP4 and add the data (hell, will they even let you do that on the 3rd!?)
4) Be happy?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So, let me get this straight:

1) Take this old craptastic LG-voyager that I used to use into VZW.
2)Tell them to add it for $9.99/mo.
3)On Feb 3rd, "Upgrade" to the iP4 and add the data (hell, will they even let you do that on the 3rd!?)
4) Be happy?

Yeah, that will do it.