I just got a text message from the my friend at Verizon that said they are doing their iPhone training today and they were notified that we WILL be able to pre order at full retail.

Just wanted to pass that along.
    iSRS likes this.
    01-31-2011 04:01 PM
    I just got a text message from the my friend at Verizon that said they are doing their iPhone training today and they were notified that we WILL be able to pre order at full retail.

Just wanted to pass that along.
    Ask your friend about shipping
    01-31-2011 04:02 PM
    Great to have more confirmation! Thanks! I am wondering if they intentionally threw out the "upgrade eligible" BS on a Saturday Night to get an idea of the outcry. Do it via a tweet, that was less than clear, and monitor the reaction on forums like these, as well as calls it generated. Wouldn't surprise me. Ultimately, it seems they are making the right decision.
    01-31-2011 04:05 PM

Looks like I'm not alone. =/

I'll head up to VZW in the morning and see what happens. Why to screw thing up VZW.
    What he dosent say is if he's adding a line to an existing account, or if he's establishing a new account. As if its a new account this wont work for him, as in order to sign up for myverizon he will have to be able to recieve the sms txt with the temp password that will be sent while he signs up. FYI
    01-31-2011 05:23 PM
    I still say official on the manager at the store's end or not.....the invitation email I got stated repeatedly, along with the website, Existing Verizon Wireless Customers. I don't leave that up for interpretation.

Trying and see if we can at 3PM, I could go that route casually and make a call if I couldn't and be a little disappointed if it dosen't work out. There is nothing casual about trying at 3AM. Heh heh, there's a saying don't **** all over my back and tell me it's raining. They had better damn well sure to clear up any question marks on whether I can or cannot or they will have some angry "Loyal Verizon Wireless Customers"

This part they left open ended and up for interpretation, there is a lot of CYA lingo that could be read one way or the other. If I didn't get it the 4th or 5th I will not be nearly as disgruntled as if I flat out couldn't order it because my contract isn't up, and they didn't say anything in that direction.
    shoot by 3pm they will be gone and vzw's servers crashed
    01-31-2011 05:38 PM
    Just got a vision of a smoldering server room
    01-31-2011 05:41 PM
    Shoot be 3 (01) AM they will be gone and vzw's servers crashed. xD
    01-31-2011 05:44 PM
    Well, got a 'response' from the email I sent earlier. Guess because I called and got told full retail is able to preorder, no need to put it in writing. I like the 'you are on the right plan' part.
    Dear Shawn Starbird,
    Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless via our Website, my name is T.J. I am happy to address your concern regarding you purchasing the IPhone.
    Upon reviewing your account, I found that you have spoken with a representative earlier. *It appears that your concern has been addressed.
    Further review of your usage reflects that you are on the best plan for your needs. Should your needs change, you may change your plan through My Verizon, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. I recommend making changes on the 24th of the month. This is the first day of your billing cycle, and will provide you with the benefit of your full allowance. You may use the link below to review the plans we offer:
    http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=LKDSJgq-
    We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
    01-31-2011 05:48 PM
    (: ʇxǝu ʇɐɥʇ ʎɹʇ ʍzʌ ʇ,usǝop ʎɥʍ os uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ noʎ ɟı lɐıɔıɟɟo ʇou s,ʇı
    01-31-2011 05:51 PM
    Will account managers be able to go on their MyVerizon account and do the whole pre-ordering process?
    01-31-2011 06:06 PM
    Will account managers be able to go on their MyVerizon account and do the whole pre-ordering process?
    Yes.

(10char)
    01-31-2011 06:10 PM
    Just wanted to confirm that if you have an old phone or two laying around, VZ will allow you to add them on a month-to-month contract now, and they will be eligible to upgrade at the promotional price to the iphone on Thursday (2/3). Although you have to pay the activation fee now, you won't have to pay later when you upgrade to the 2-year contract.

The phone rep says he's been getting calls like that all day long...
    01-31-2011 08:47 PM
    Just wanted to confirm that if you have an old phone or two laying around, VZ will allow you to add them on a month-to-month contract now, and they will be eligible to upgrade at the promotional price to the iphone on Thursday (2/3). Although you have to pay the activation fee now, you won't have to pay later when you upgrade to the 2-year contract.

I just did this today.
    01-31-2011 08:50 PM

What is the max number of lines you can have under a family account? (We already have 5).
    01-31-2011 09:06 PM
    What is the max number of lines you can have under a family account? (We already have 5).
    You're at the max.
    01-31-2011 09:14 PM
    Well thats too bad, oh well back to the original plan of pre-ordering at Full Retail. (I just better be able to)
    01-31-2011 09:30 PM
    I dont understand.... this is the impression I got to begin with as Im am eligible for a upgrade. We already planed on my wife having to wait until the 10th to pay full retail or add a line for her to get it.
    01-31-2011 10:27 PM
    I dont understand.... this is the impression I got to begin with as Im am eligible for a upgrade. We already planed on my wife having to wait until the 10th to pay full retail or add a line for her to get it.
    You can preorder on the 3rd for full retail if you are a current verizon customer
    01-31-2011 10:42 PM
    Only Verizon customers eligible for an upgrade can order on the 3rd for $199 with 2 year contract, all others on the 10th and then at full retail price if not eligible for upgrade.
    02-02-2011 07:55 AM
    I thought I posted this on here last night, but I guess not...

I spoke to a phone CSR last night who told me that ESN-swapping would NOT be supported for the iPhone (at least, not right away). This stands in contrast to what other phone CSRs have assured me over the last several days. She checked with her manager who backed up the story. She claimed it had to do with a "special Apple chip" which prevented a different number from being assigned to the phone.

I don't believe her 100%, but I'm preparing myself to have to start giving out a new phone number to friends and family...
    02-02-2011 08:07 AM
    Only Verizon customers eligible for an upgrade can order on the 3rd for $199 with 2 year contract, all others on the 10th and then at full retail price if not eligible for upgrade.
    What about those who are eligible for an upgrade and still have their "New every 2" discount. Is the $199 including the "new every two"?
    02-02-2011 09:25 AM
    What about those who are eligible for an upgrade and still have their "New every 2" discount. Is the $199 including the "new every two"?
    No, if you have a NE2 credit it should be $99 16GB and $199 32GB
    02-02-2011 07:32 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD