i think they might be trying to exclude NEW sales, perhaps to existing verizon customers who think they can open a NEW account on 2/3?

i too freaked the hell out (inside, kept my composure outside), and called the CSR center, they told me also, that i would be albe to buy at full retail on 2/3/11... anyone want to buy a samsung fascinate on 2/11/11? (lol...)
    gazelle.com --> $178, plus using the bonus code '100' ups it to $186.50!
    01-31-2011 10:44 AM
    The main reason I will be ticked if I can't pre-order? 2/2 is my birthday and this is my gift (to myself)

JUST LET ME PRE-ORDER!!!!
    01-31-2011 10:46 AM
    Doug, I wish I could thank you many times for that! Gave me a good laugh. I agree 100%. I have to believe that VZW wants to "show AT&T how it's done" and wouldn't want any bad press from disgruntled long time customers that happen to be a week, month, few months away from a discounted upgrade and are willing to pay full price. They want this to be as smooth as possible. Show up AT&T, and prove to Apple that VZW should be their "premier" carrier of choice.

If I end up making sure I am up at 3AM to preorder a phone that I will be paying full retail, mind you $50 more than Apple's retail price, I am paying a PREMIUM just so I don't have to wait on a line, and I could be guaranteed that this phone will be mine on release, whether it be the 4th, 5th, or 10th ......

if it all comes down to NOT being able to order because I am in mid contract, and because of miscommunication from reps, and falsely advertising that it is available to "LOYAL" (quoting my exclusive invitation) "Verizon Customers", no exclusions are showing on MY invite, I don't know about anyone elses......I will be SERIOUSLY annoyed.
    01-31-2011 10:46 AM

If I end up making sure I am up at 3AM to preorder a phone that I will be paying full retail, mind you $50 more than Apple's retail price, I am paying a PREMIUM just so I don't have to wait on a line, and I could be guaranteed that this phone will be mine on release, whether it be the 4th, 5th, or 10th ......

if it all comes down to NOT being able to order because I am in mid contract, and because of miscommunication from reps, and falsely advertising that it is available to "LOYAL" (quoting my exclusive invitation) "Verizon Customers", no exclusions are showing on MY invite, I don't know about anyone elses......I will be SERIOUSLY annoyed.
    No mention on mine, either...
    01-31-2011 10:49 AM

Agreed!!!!
    01-31-2011 10:57 AM
    I texted a friend that works at Verizon and she told me that her boss said only customers that were able to get an upgrade could preorder, On that same note I called in to CS and they told me that any existing Verizon customer that pre order the 3rd. I don't thik anyone knows what's going on. I just want my freaking iPhone!!! LOL
    Reading from my "Exclusive Invitation for 02.03.11" from Verizon Wireless:

"Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online purchase opportunity before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.

For you it begins 02.03.11. Order iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity on a first come, first served basis beginning at 3 AM Eastern"

There is no asterisk, no small print, nothing stating anything at all in regards to upgrade eligible customers. Just "existing Verizon Wireless customers"

I would text your friend back and let her and her boss know that if she is right, they need to update our "exclusive invitations" because there may be some loyal customers waiting at their PC's at 3AM thinking they could get the iPhone based on incorrect information posted and emailed all over the place

PS. Sorry to be so repetitive with this, but this will be pretty helpful to others that will be calling at 3:10AM if this dosent go through
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 01-31-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    01-31-2011 10:59 AM
    Here's what I did to preorder on the 3rd. I came from Sprint and I knew that the preorders were going to be for existing customers and that new customers would have to wait in line. So what I did was start my service with VZW last week. Got a couple LG Optimus for my wife and I for free. I'm taking them back tomorrow and switching to a couple old flip phones we already have. That way both lines are eligible for upgrade. Yes, I know I could have started service with the flip phones from the beginning but 2+ weeks on the flip phone would have been brutal.

But anyhow, preorder on the 3rd and we are good to go. I know what it's like to wait in line at an Apple store for an iPhone launch and I don't want to do it again. I got my phone since I had an online reservation but I would rather had it delivered to me. Only reason I had to wait in line was because of the whole fiasco with Apple canceling orders by mistake in their system. Don't want to go through that again.
    01-31-2011 11:29 AM
    Reading from my "Exclusive Invitation for 02.03.11" from Verizon Wireless:

"Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online purchase opportunity before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.

For you it begins 02.03.11. Order iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity on a first come, first served basis beginning at 3 AM Eastern"

There is no asterisk, no small print, nothing stating anything at all in regards to upgrade eligible customers. Just "existing Verizon Wireless customers"

I would text your friend back and let her and her boss know that if she is right, they need to update our "exclusive invitations" because there may be some loyal customers waiting at their PC's at 3AM thinking they could get the iPhone based on incorrect information posted and emailed all over the place

PS. Sorry to be so repetitive with this, but this will be pretty helpful to others that will be calling at 3:10AM if this dosent go through
    I'm getting a bunch of "I don't knows" and "That's just what we were told".
    I'm not sure how to get a straight answer.
    01-31-2011 11:30 AM
    I guarantee that there will be. If I didn't see this forum, I would have not already a line (the loophole) and tried to add one on the 3rd only to get denied! I'm NOT the only one!
    01-31-2011 12:33 PM
    How dare you mess with peoples' hopes and dreams of getting one before that. Shame on you. You may even be gang-bashed if you dare repeat it another thread despite being on-topic, and your comments being germane to the conversation.

(/sarcasm)
    Seriously!!!!!
    01-31-2011 01:49 PM
    I just got off the phone with a mgr at Verizon cs, He informed me that as of right now there is nothing offical stating if you will be able to pre order at full retail or not. He said the last email they had gotten said pre launch Feb 3rd @ 3AM and that the pricing would be $199 and $299. (He told be that some of the confusion right now may be that the original email only talked about people who could upgrade now with the pricing for them and said nothing about full retail at all). He also said that they would be notified at a later date as to what full retail pricing would be if you could pre order at full retail on the 3rd. Now I know we have all heard that the price would be $649 and $749 but he said they would be the same price as on the Apple website.

I'm not saying we will or will not be able to pre order at full retail Feb 3rd but from what I was told there has been nothing offical saying that will not be able to. I guess we just try and see if we can.
    Last edited by coltsbr; 01-31-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    01-31-2011 01:49 PM
    How dare you mess with peoples' hopes and dreams of getting one before that. Shame on you. You may even be gang-bashed if you dare repeat it another thread despite being on-topic, and your comments being germane to the conversation.

(/sarcasm)
    They are relaying what they have been told, and not just stating their personal speculation.

It's the ones that give their opinion as fact, over and over and over, thread after thread after thread... Like that one guy.. Whats his name.. It's on the tip of my tongue.. I'm sure you know who I mean..
    01-31-2011 02:06 PM
    They are relaying what they have been told, and not just stating their personal speculation.

It's the ones that give their opinion as fact, over and over and over, thread after thread after thread... Like that one guy.. Whats his name.. It's on the tip of my tongue.. I'm sure you know who I mean..
    highlife? xD

No, I'm messing around. I believe it will ship as soon as we order it.
    01-31-2011 02:08 PM
    highlife? xD

haha, good one xD
    01-31-2011 02:09 PM
    I'm not saying we will or will not be able to pre order at full retail Feb 3rd but from what I was told there has been nothing offical saying that will not be able to. I guess we just try and see if we can.
    I still say official on the manager at the store's end or not.....the invitation email I got stated repeatedly, along with the website, Existing Verizon Wireless Customers. I don't leave that up for interpretation.

Trying and see if we can at 3PM, I could go that route casually and make a call if I couldn't and be a little disappointed if it dosen't work out. There is nothing casual about trying at 3AM. Heh heh, there's a saying don't **** all over my back and tell me it's raining. They had better damn well sure to clear up any question marks on whether I can or cannot or they will have some angry "Loyal Verizon Wireless Customers"

highlife? xD

This part they left open ended and up for interpretation, there is a lot of CYA lingo that could be read one way or the other. If I didn't get it the 4th or 5th I will not be nearly as disgruntled as if I flat out couldn't order it because my contract isn't up, and they didn't say anything in that direction.
    01-31-2011 02:20 PM

This part they left open ended and up for interpretation, there is a lot of CYA lingo that could be read one way or the other. If I didn't get it the 4th or 5th I will not be nearly as disgruntled as if I flat out couldn't order it because my contract isn't up, and they didn't say anything in that direction.
    Really. Why don't they just say "It's not-not-un-maybe-perhaps-might-coult possibly-there is a chance-even money-50/50 chance-it may be shipping sometime in Feb. Thank You for your patience."
    01-31-2011 02:27 PM
    I still say official on the manager at the store's end or not.....the invitation email I got stated repeatedly, along with the website, Existing Verizon Wireless Customers. I don't leave that up for interpretation.

Trying and see if we can at 3PM, I could go that route casually and make a call if I couldn't and be a little disappointed if it dosen't work out. There is nothing casual about trying at 3AM. Heh heh, there's a saying don't **** all over my back and tell me it's raining. They had better damn well sure to clear up any question marks on whether I can or cannot or they will have some angry "Loyal Verizon Wireless Customers"

I agree with you, I'm going to be up at 3am and if I can't order one I'm going to be ticked!
    Last edited by coltsbr; 01-31-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    01-31-2011 02:37 PM
    Really. Why don't they just say "It's not-not-un-maybe-perhaps-might-coult possibly-there is a chance-even money-50/50 chance-it may be shipping sometime in Feb. Thank You for your patience."
    They did, go to verizonwireless.com/weknowaboutasmuchasyoudoaboutthedetailsoftheiphone launch

I think the wording used was exactly as you put it
    01-31-2011 02:51 PM
    They did, go to verizonwireless.com/weknowaboutasmuchasyoudoaboutthedetailsoftheiphone launch

I think the wording used was exactly as you put it
    Oh. I thought the Verizon iphone launch site was FailBlog.org. It seems ike it should be...
    01-31-2011 02:56 PM

I agree, they should stop beating around the bush and tell us whats going on. I don't understand all the secrecy with this kinda of crap. We already know the phone is coming out, give us details that we can confirm on like pricing, pre-order dates, arrivals for those who pre-orders...etc.
    01-31-2011 03:14 PM
    I agree, they should stop beating around the bush and tell us whats going on. I don't understand all the secrecy with this kinda of crap. We already know the phone is coming out, give us details that we can confirm on like pricing, pre-order dates, arrivals for those who pre-orders...etc.
    We already know pricing, pre-order dates and just like any iPhone launch pre orders will most likely be scheduled to arrive on release day notwithstanding a few that may be delivered a day or 2 earlier. But for the most part all this stuff you listed, is already know.

The thing people are having questions about is can they pre-order at full retail on the 3rd. I do think they should let people know about this.
    01-31-2011 03:24 PM
    Just posted in another thread, but looks like VZWSupport Twitter is catching up on a weekend worth of confusion. To sum it up: Yes, you can preorder @ Full Retail, and it should arrive "on or by 2/10"
    quezsmith likes this.
    01-31-2011 03:27 PM
    @RCurran28 That is correct. On 2/3/11 you can purchase the 16G IPhone 4 for $649.99 and the 32G Iphone 4 for $749.99. *OG

@TylerS_PowerNet iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before 02/10/2011. *OG
    01-31-2011 03:33 PM
    Just posted in another thread, but looks like VZWSupport Twitter is catching up on a weekend worth of confusion. To sum it up: Yes, you can preorder @ Full Retail, and it should arrive "on or by 2/10"
    Ok, now I feel a little better.
    01-31-2011 03:33 PM
    Has there been any clarification of using another upgrade on your Family Plan, and then transferring it to another number? Is there anyway to transfer the upgrade now? Thanks.
    01-31-2011 03:48 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD