Different alerts?

Kraigster

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from a BB when iPhone comes out next week.

One of my favorite things is having different alerts..... When my wife texts i get 3 short vibrates and a sound. When my friend texts I get 5 short vibes.

I have different sounds for when I'm on the train and I want it quiet, bs in the office when I wouldn't notice a vibration

I don't think iphoneshave these alert genes standard, but is there a good app available?

Thanks...

Craig

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I know the i4 doesn't do this by default, so you may have to get an app to do it. Can't help there. Maybe someone else can.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the only way to do what the OP is wanting is via JB. I have heard that there are some apps on Cydia that can do this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes... for some unknown reason, cries for a better set of text tones and options has falled on deaf ears with Jobs & company... It continues to amaze me that a company can create a device that is so ahead of the curve in some ways is so far behind in others... but it it what it is... and jailbreaking seems to be your only option at this point. hopefully the future iPhone/iOS releases will finally address this glaring deficiency.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2