I'm switching from a BB when iPhone comes out next week.

One of my favorite things is having different alerts..... When my wife texts i get 3 short vibrates and a sound. When my friend texts I get 5 short vibes.

I have different sounds for when I'm on the train and I want it quiet, bs in the office when I wouldn't notice a vibration

I don't think iphoneshave these alert genes standard, but is there a good app available?

Thanks...

Craig
    01-30-2011 10:06 PM
    I know the i4 doesn't do this by default, so you may have to get an app to do it. Can't help there. Maybe someone else can.
    01-30-2011 10:24 PM
    I think the only way to do what the OP is wanting is via JB. I have heard that there are some apps on Cydia that can do this.
    01-30-2011 10:38 PM
    Yes... for some unknown reason, cries for a better set of text tones and options has falled on deaf ears with Jobs & company... It continues to amaze me that a company can create a device that is so ahead of the curve in some ways is so far behind in others... but it it what it is... and jailbreaking seems to be your only option at this point. hopefully the future iPhone/iOS releases will finally address this glaring deficiency.
    01-30-2011 11:00 PM
    Yep, there's a jb app called Vibrafications that can do this. Available in paid and free versions.
    01-31-2011 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD