Google Sync

Rjbeck77#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Greetings,

I have the original Droid, and I really like it. I have been thinking of going to the iPhone when it comes out on Verizon. One of the reasons I like my droid is that it syncs seamlessly with mt google account. Gmail, calendar, google docs, picas, tasks, etc all syncs. I never have to worry about updating either mt phone or my google account.

How well do iPhones sync with google products?

Thanks

Rjbeck77#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Google sync

Greetings,

I have the original Droid, and I really like it. I have been thinking of going to the iPhone when it comes out on Verizon. One of the reasons I like my droid is that it syncs seamlessly with mt google account. Gmail, calendar, google docs, picas, tasks, etc all syncs. I never have to worry about updating either mt phone or my google account.

How well do iPhones sync with google products?

Thanks

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Fine, just setup your Gmail as an exchange and not as a Gmail account. With that you can sync contacts, calendar, and mail. It's real simple to do and there are plenty of sites to show you how.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
the setup is as below:

first, setup an exchange account with your FULL email address,
username is your FULL email address again, and correct email password from gmail.com *** LEAVE DOMAIN BLANK ***

click next...

a new field will appear called SERVER... add "m.google.com"

click next...

you will then be able to select calendar/contacts/email.

*NOTE*
if you navigate to m.google.com/sync on your DEVICE, not your computer, you will be able to select calendars to be sync'd to the device.

Reactions: Smlk

nuckinfutz220

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Great! I have a Droid Inc. and thought i was going to have to use the vzw backup program, but setting up gmail as an exchange account seems better!

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad the iphone can sync with google that is where I have all my contacts saved and would have been such a hassle if I had to put them all in by hand

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks guys. I have wondered how to combine my calendars for a long time! More of the stuff that seems so basic, but I just didn't know! :)

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I set up a Google account to sync my contacts & calendar from my blackberry in preparation for the iPhone. It synced my contacts perfectly but not my calendar entries. I followed the directions exactly. Did I miss something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh, maybe. Still on 3.1.3 / first gen touch. Well, at least until Monday. ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods