New info From VZW!!!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I also got an email that says I can get it and I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I highly doubt that you can only preorder if you are eligible for an upgrade. And for supposedly only having 10,000 that would be a joke and would be worthless to even have a preorder if that was the case. But with verizon nothing would surprise me
Agree. I also just called, and the rep said "I've gotten a few calls on that today. ALL EXISTING CUSTOMERS are eligible, upgrade pricing of full retail." So take that for what it is worth. Hopefully this is the truth.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree. I also just called, and the rep said "I've gotten a few calls on that today. ALL EXISTING CUSTOMERS are eligible, upgrade pricing of full retail." So take that for what it is worth. Hopefully this is the truth.

I sure hope we can pre order at full retail. That just does not make any sence to me! I got the email myself.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly what I was told when I called before. The rep even put me on hold while he went and asked.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple/ATT presold 600,000 on the date of pre-order with ATT so 10,000 is complete BS. Apple would have sold more but they sold out since the rest were being held for Apple store launch

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The number I heard was more on the 200-300k range for the pre-order.

So say Verizon has 90,000,000 customers. I know they won't all switch, but let's say they did. You realize that would be not enough to cover LESS than 0.5% right?

Let's say 10% want to switch, 9,000,000. That sounds reasonable.

That is a grand to total of LESS than 3% of the bit that wants iPhones can preorder. That can't be right, or God help us all.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
That is a grand to total of LESS than 3% of the bit that wants iPhones can preorder. That can't be right, or God help us all.

I'd simply go with a Droid X and forget Apple. You can't offer something and not have it. "Look we have iphones for sale!" No you don't, you have the promise of an iphone. Give us your money now, we'll give you our product when we get around to it. I don't think so. If I don't get confirmation of an iphone on the 3rd, I'm going right up to the store and picking up a Droid on the 3rd, I'm tired of stressing over something so silly as a d*** phone.

Last edited:

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd simply go with a Droid X and forget Apple. You can't offer something and not have it. "Look we have iphones for sale!" No you don't, you have the promise of an iphone. Give us your money now, we'll give you our product when we get around to it. I don't think so. If I don't get confirmation of an iphone on the 3rd, I'm going right up to the store and picking up a Droid on the 3rd, I'm tired of stressing over something so silly as a d*** phone.

I could sell you mine if you'd like :D

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So say Verizon has 90,000,000 customers. I know they won't all switch, but let's say they did. You realize that would be not enough to cover LESS than 0.5% right?

Let's say 10% want to switch, 9,000,000. That sounds reasonable.

It wouldn't be impossible that everyone doesn't get one. Many people on AT&T couldn't even get through to pre-order and had to stand in that line. And people were turned away at many stores. Even AT&T stores didn't get any on launch because Apple cut their supply so they could fulfill their orders and stock up their stores. Even on Apple's site after the pre ordering began the ship time was 3 weeks. So it's quite possible that they will run out of pre-orders and very likely and that those that miss out will have to go to their nearest Apple store.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like VZWSupport Twitter is replying to a weekend worth of confusion. To sum it up: Yes, you can preorder at full retail pricing and expect to receive it on or by 2/10

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro