The number I heard was more on the 200-300k range for the pre-order.
    So say Verizon has 90,000,000 customers. I know they won't all switch, but let's say they did. You realize that would be not enough to cover LESS than 0.5% right?

Let's say 10% want to switch, 9,000,000. That sounds reasonable.

That is a grand to total of LESS than 3% of the bit that wants iPhones can preorder. That can't be right, or God help us all.
    01-31-2011 02:52 PM
    That is a grand to total of LESS than 3% of the bit that wants iPhones can preorder. That can't be right, or God help us all.
    I'd simply go with a Droid X and forget Apple. You can't offer something and not have it. "Look we have iphones for sale!" No you don't, you have the promise of an iphone. Give us your money now, we'll give you our product when we get around to it. I don't think so. If I don't get confirmation of an iphone on the 3rd, I'm going right up to the store and picking up a Droid on the 3rd, I'm tired of stressing over something so silly as a d*** phone.
    Last edited by Hangfire; 01-31-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    01-31-2011 02:56 PM
    I'd simply go with a Droid X and forget Apple. You can't offer something and not have it. "Look we have iphones for sale!" No you don't, you have the promise of an iphone. Give us your money now, we'll give you our product when we get around to it. I don't think so. If I don't get confirmation of an iphone on the 3rd, I'm going right up to the store and picking up a Droid on the 3rd, I'm tired of stressing over something so silly as a d*** phone.
    I could sell you mine if you'd like
    01-31-2011 03:05 PM
    I could sell you mine if you'd like
    Negative, mine will be as fresh as a new born baby, but thank you regardless.
    01-31-2011 03:07 PM
    So say Verizon has 90,000,000 customers. I know they won't all switch, but let's say they did. You realize that would be not enough to cover LESS than 0.5% right?

Let's say 10% want to switch, 9,000,000. That sounds reasonable.

It wouldn't be impossible that everyone doesn't get one. Many people on AT&T couldn't even get through to pre-order and had to stand in that line. And people were turned away at many stores. Even AT&T stores didn't get any on launch because Apple cut their supply so they could fulfill their orders and stock up their stores. Even on Apple's site after the pre ordering began the ship time was 3 weeks. So it's quite possible that they will run out of pre-orders and very likely and that those that miss out will have to go to their nearest Apple store.
    01-31-2011 03:19 PM
    Looks like VZWSupport Twitter is replying to a weekend worth of confusion. To sum it up: Yes, you can preorder at full retail pricing and expect to receive it on or by 2/10
    01-31-2011 03:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD