Case and screen protectors

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a blue bumper from Apple. I'm not getting screen protectors for two reasons; the bumper is extended slightly on both sides so the glass won't touch any surfaces, and I trust the durability of the hardened glass.

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a blue bumper from Apple. I'm not getting screen protectors for two reasons; the bumper is extended slightly on both sides so the glass won't touch any surfaces, and I trust the durability of the hardened glass.

I was looking at the pop case from case mate and it come with a screen protected but AT&T iPhone user got bumpers for free, I want verizon do that but with bump I feel my screen will leave hand prints or crack

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the pop case from case mate and it come with a screen protected but AT&T iPhone user got bumpers for free, I want verizon do that but with bump I feel my screen will leave hand prints or crack

I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter. ;)

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter. ;)

Agree with you id rather have a working phone no matter how I hold it and have to spend money for bumpers

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As of right now I am planning on using the iPhone with no screen protector or bumper. I have heard great things about the durability of the screen and I would not want to mess with the screen touch or the beautiful retina display.

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
just a quick warning, I talked to a verizon rep a few days ago and he specifically warned me about ordering accessories when pre ordering. apparently if you go to pre order the phone and select an accessory that is out of stock they will wait until it becomes available and ship both together at a later date.

of course, he might not have known what he was talking about

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered Nike armband to use with my nike+ kit and the pop case from case mate. I am also thinking about getting new ear buds for running.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

We do not yet know if the Verizon iPhone had it's antenna adjusted to address the "death grip" or if it has something do with CDMA. In any case, I believe you can still get free bumpers. If you call and complain about the death grip problem Apple will send them out on a case by case basis.

You might want to watch some videos of iPhone screens shattering before completely going against a screen protector. I scratched the screen on both my original and 3G iPhone from drops at about hip hieght. A screen protector went on my iPhone 4 right from the box. My sister in law just got a new iPhone 4 yesterday to replace her 3GS with probably the worst shatter I've seen. Pieces of glass had actually come off exposing the circuit board underneath (she is also calling Apple tomorrow about the free bumper).

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
We do not yet know if the Verizon iPhone had it's antenna adjusted to address the "death grip" or if it has something do with CDMA. In any case, I believe you can still get free bumpers. If you call and complain about the death grip problem Apple will send them out on a case by case basis.

You might want to watch some videos of iPhone screens shattering before completely going against a screen protector. I scratched the screen on both my original and 3G iPhone from drops at about hip hieght. A screen protector went on my iPhone 4 right from the box. My sister in law just got a new iPhone 4 yesterday to replace her 3GS with probably the worst shatter I've seen. Pieces of glass had actually come off exposing the circuit board underneath (she is also calling Apple tomorrow about the free bumper).
If your glass shatters, do you think a screen protector will do anything? A case perhaps, but I doubt a screen protector will do anything for shattering...

I ordered the Case-Mate POP case btw. I have it and it is nice in the gray/blue.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I read that the "death grip" issue was fixed, but I guess we'll see. I dropped my 3G a few times as well and my screen was never scratched, even when I dropped it on gravel and asphalt. Anyway, I might put a screen protector on the back, but I don't want anything clouding my gorgeous Retina display.

If your glass shatters, do you think a screen protector will do anything? A case perhaps, but I doubt a screen protector will do anything for shattering...

I ordered the Case-Mate POP case btw. I have it and it is nice in the gray/blue.

Yeah, the most a screen protector would do is hold the pieces of glass together.

I have one of those - came last week. I like the look.

Could you post pictures? I'd like to see how it looks in real life rather than just press shots.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the splash Cruiser on Amazon. Main reason is that I love iFrogz cases (have had one on every iPod I have owned since 2005) and they don yet know which of their current cases will fit right, so wanted something right away. At $16, it will be good enough to use temporarily. Also have always used screen protectors. Ordered those, too.

Bigboi816

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to go with a bodyGuardz kit on the front and back. As for a case I would like to get the CandyShell Card case by Speck for everyday and an Otterbox Defender for more protection. Still no word on when either of those will be ready for the VZW iPhone.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
@Bigboi816: I emailed otterbox, and they, like iFrogz, are taking the "We will be evaluating the Verizon iPhone as soon as we get our hands on one and will update and that need it as soon as possible after that." Kind of stinks, which is why I went with one with the single opening for the mute and volume controls.

ogoonie

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
just a quick warning, I talked to a verizon rep a few days ago and he specifically warned me about ordering accessories when pre ordering. apparently if you go to pre order the phone and select an accessory that is out of stock they will wait until it becomes available and ship both together at a later date.

of course, he might not have known what he was talking about

This is very much true. Do separate orders for accessories, I always have. Verizon supposed to have a ton of different accessories at launch from what ive heard so who knows.

Either way, thats my two cents, thats what im going to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73