This is very much true. Do separate orders for accessories, I always have. Verizon supposed to have a ton of different accessories at launch from what ive heard so who knows.

Either way, thats my two cents, thats what im going to do.
    accessories are allready up on the vzw accessories page, just pick smartphone then apple ios the iphone4 16gb

Set Your Location
    Last edited by buckeyegoose; 01-31-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added link
    01-31-2011 05:48 PM
    I ordered the pop case from case-mate last night. I like it but I prefer full body protection. I'll use the pop case until otterbox or ballistic has a case available for the VZW iPhone.
    01-31-2011 09:05 PM
    Im getting something cheap (but not too cheap) like the case mate pop case. That is, until the Otterbox defender comes out for the verizon version...

I'm also getting front and back film (ghost armor) for this thing...

Seriously Apple... the most expensice scratch prone piece of hardware I've ever seen -_-;

edit: i see that the guy above me is doing the same thing ! great minds think alike lol!
    Last edited by mlfgc; 02-01-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    02-01-2011 01:08 AM
    I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter.
    Just remember the glass is scratch resistant but not scratch proof
    02-01-2011 01:38 AM
    I'd like free bumpers too but AT&T users got them free for a reason. Look at it this way, would you rather have a semi-faulty antenna design with a free bumper or an antenna that works regardless of how you hold it and have to pay for your bumper? I'd choose the latter.

Antenna issue on the ATT version was blown WAYYYYY out of proportion by gizmodo... I can death grip mine anywhere and have no issues
    02-01-2011 08:35 AM
    Just remember the glass is scratch resistant but not scratch proof
    I know, but my 3G screen never got scratched. Anyway, I went to Verizon's site and found a gorgeous blue Griffin case that I need. I'm going to buy it in the store though so I can give the commission to my friend.

Set Your Location

Antenna issue on the ATT version was blown WAYYYYY out of proportion by gizmodo... I can death grip mine anywhere and have no issues
    I know this too. You can't deny that it does exist on some handsets though, which was my point to the person I was quoting.

This reminds me of my Samsung Omnia though. It has the antenna in the bottom, so it would often lose signal when you held it normally (!). And if you were in a low coverage area, the signal could disappear entirely. It was bananas.
    02-01-2011 09:32 AM
    I know this too. You can't deny that it does exist on some handsets though, which was my point to the person I was quoting.
    Cleveland must be right handed eh????
    02-01-2011 09:37 AM
    just ordered my case mate pop case and a car charger
    02-01-2011 01:22 PM
    I read that the "death grip" issue was fixed, but I guess we'll see. I dropped my 3G a few times as well and my screen was never scratched, even when I dropped it on gravel and asphalt. Anyway, I might put a screen protector on the back, but I don't want anything clouding my gorgeous Retina display.
    Death grip was blown out of porportion by the media. The media needed something to write about and sadly including this site. Who actually death grips their phone? It was never a issue for me when I didnt have a case when I first bought the phone
    02-01-2011 04:13 PM
    I ordered PowerSupport front and back screen protectors. They are here waiting for my shiny new Verizon iPhone 4.
    Last edited by MiXoLoGiSt; 02-01-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    02-01-2011 05:00 PM
    I bought a Incase Snap (smoke color) on eBay. Love the minimalistic design, and the protection for the back glass.

Should have no problems fitting the Verizon version since the side opening appears to be wide enough.

So I bought a case, a car charger...now all I need is a phone.

My wife thinks I'm friggan nuts!
    02-01-2011 07:57 PM
    I also received my Case Mate Pop case in blue/gray last week. I like it, it has a nice feel, but I'm really hoping Seidio will come out with a vzw iPhone version of their Active case. I really want that one with the holster.
    02-02-2011 06:11 AM
    I just ordered vzw iphone flip leather case for new iphone I'm getting from handhelditems.com. It shows which iphone cases will be compatible with vzw iphone. I've ordered from them before for ipod touch cases. They ship pretty fast & cases were nice. Their stuff is priced really good.
    02-02-2011 10:56 AM
    I ordered and received a screen protection kit from SGP. I had heard good things about them.

SGP CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 Screen Protector
    02-09-2011 07:38 AM
    For those who dont want the bulk of a case I strongly recommend Ghost Armor. Not only does it protect the front and back but they also include side strips to help with the death grip issue.
    02-09-2011 07:44 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD