What a lame thread title.

Anyway, I want to order a dock for the iP4 I will be getting (with any luck). To anyone with experience with them: I have a Verizon iPhone POP case (by case-mate). I want to know what my best option would be so I can just plop my phone down and let it be, i.e. no taking the case off. Will the iPhone 4 dock do that or is the case too thick. I'd hate to have to buy the universal dock for $60 just for my iPhone 4 and iPod touch. If the iPhone 4 dock would work then I could just plug the iPod in manually, but if not, what did you guys do in this situation?
    01-29-2011 09:46 PM
    Unless that case is a slider where the bottom comes off, it won't fit on the dock. Your best bet if you use a case (or plan to use a case) is to get a universal dock.
    01-29-2011 11:01 PM
    Unless that case is a slider where the bottom comes off, it won't fit on the dock. Your best bet if you use a case (or plan to use a case) is to get a universal dock.
    What about a Kensington Dock with mini battery? I think that is the route I may go, as it claims to fit the iP4 in a case.
    01-29-2011 11:28 PM
    I'm not familiar with it, but it doesn't look like it would fit with a case.
    01-30-2011 12:40 AM
    The thing that is killing me about the Universial dock is the price though. At least with the Kensington it is cheaper, comes with an emergency battery AND has a $15 Mail In Rebate. I might get that one to try it, and if I hate it, send it back.
    01-30-2011 01:22 AM
    I got a universal dock on ebay for $15. There is nothing around the plug part, so I can fit my iPhone in with any case on, and it has 3 positions. It's been great.
    01-30-2011 10:59 AM
    I have never purchased a dock for any phone but I am looking to purchase one for my flash new iPhone 4. My concern is if the Apple iPhone 4 Dock will fit with my Case-Mate Pop!. What are other suggestions?
    01-30-2011 11:10 AM
    I have never purchased a dock for any phone but I am looking to purchase one for my flash new iPhone 4. My concern is if the Apple iPhone 4 Dock will fit with my Case-Mate Pop!. What are other suggestions?
    Like Alli said, you can get a universal dock off of eBay for fairly cheap.
    01-30-2011 11:30 AM
    I am using my old iHome 2 go as my dock/alarm clock! I have to have some sort of dock with every smartphone but it is nice to not have to purchase another one.
    01-30-2011 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD