So how do YOU think it's going to work?

When will the iPhone 4 ship?

• ASAP! You will have it the next day or that Monday!

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Closer to the 10th, so you might get it 1 day early.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • On the 10th so you won't get it until a few days after the 10th.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The site will crash/ there will be nowhere near enough to go around. Forget it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm choosing to believe highlife. I think he knows what he's talking about because everything he has said just makes sense.

If I'm so dead wrong - PROVE IT.

WITH FACTS.

Hasn't he tried to get you to call Verizon and ask for yourself and you refused? I get your point that not every CSR knows what they're talking about, but if they're reading an official internal document then I'd say it's coming from the horse's mouth.

Look, I think it would be safe to say KCH, that we all agree you are probably correct in your assumption.

No, that's not a safe assumption. Sorry. ;)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
hindenburg04.jpg

:eek:

Reactions: Darth-gamer

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
A) Ship the 3rd/4th and be in your hands on the 4/7th (1 or 2 day shipping + the weekend)
B) Ship closer to the 10th or be held until the 10th so it will be in your hands ON or a day or two before the 10th.
C) Ship ON the 10th and be in your hands on the 11/14th.

I've seen the various back and forth. I will weigh in, as well. Let's say C is definitely NOT going to happen.

I'm going to say B and here's why. I agree that this is a whole new ballgame for Verizon and Apple, and that Apple probably has much more control over the situation than prior phone manufacturers dealing with Verizon. So while precedent is important, it's probably less-so in this case.

However, if it's option A, it puts a potentially significant number of iPhones in the market before it's available to the general public. While most won't do this, many people can and will quickly turn and sell them on eBay, making a giant profit off Apple's product. In fact, if it's option A and you have 5 lines, you buy one for yourself, and 4 others ... ALL at Full Retail. Turn around, sell all but one on eBay for a HUGE killing ... this just has disaster written all over it, and I don't think it's a path Apple wants to go down.

Therefore, I think B. I think we'll get ours potentially as early as the 8th, most likely 9th or 10th. Even if we get it on the 8th, turn it around, sell it on the 9th, your buyer gets it on the 10th, when they could possibly get one from an Apple or Verizon store.

I will still hope for A!

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You guys crack me up! This is what makes this forum great - lots of valuable info, great fun, and everyone respects each. Other forums I've been on turn into flame wars. Thanks guys!

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys crack me up! This is what makes this forum great - lots of valuable info, great fun, and everyone respects each. Other forums I've been on turn into flame wars. Thanks guys!

I agree. No reason to turn into a flame war. I love everyone's individual personalities, even KCH:p. Each person adds a certain flare to the forum and the drama here is of a humorous nature and not mean spirited.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah? Well we don't take kindly to people that peruse these here forums and watch us post, so you can gust gggggggget out! xD

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody, I'm new here but i've been reading these forums daily since the announcement. Not knowing the actual ship date is causing some trouble for me. Let me explain...

Before they even announced that the iphone would be coming to verizon my girlfriend and I had made arrangements to visit her family next weekend from the 3rd until the 6th. I'm planning on ordering the phone at 3am this thursday and paying for the quickest shipping possible, but I have no idea where to have it shipped to.

If I get it shipped to my home and it ends up arriving on the 4th, I'll be stuck in Pennsylvania knowing that my precious is just sitting in Connecticut waiting for me.

I could have the phone shipped to my girlfriends parents house and hope that they actually are offering true overnight shipping. However, if i do this and they don't end up shipping the phone until later and it arrives on the 10th, i'll be back home in Connecticut...

What would you do?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, nobody knows. All is speculation. What I would do is buy it at 3AM (good luck to you), see if the shipping options give the estimated dates, and figure it out from there.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody, I'm new here but i've been reading these forums daily since the announcement. Not knowing the actual ship date is causing some trouble for me. Let me explain...

Before they even announced that the iphone would be coming to verizon my girlfriend and I had made arrangements to visit her family next weekend from the 3rd until the 6th. I'm planning on ordering the phone at 3am this thursday and paying for the quickest shipping possible, but I have no idea where to have it shipped to.

If I get it shipped to my home and it ends up arriving on the 4th, I'll be stuck in Pennsylvania knowing that my precious is just sitting in Connecticut waiting for me.

I could have the phone shipped to my girlfriends parents house and hope that they actually are offering true overnight shipping. However, if i do this and they don't end up shipping the phone until later and it arrives on the 10th, i'll be back home in Connecticut...

What would you do?

I would wait 'till the day before and see if we have anymore information. If we don't, then I'd flip a coin.
lol.gif