So how do YOU think it's going to work?

When will the iPhone 4 ship?

• ASAP! You will have it the next day or that Monday!

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Closer to the 10th, so you might get it 1 day early.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • On the 10th so you won't get it until a few days after the 10th.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The site will crash/ there will be nowhere near enough to go around. Forget it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Since there still is no official word on how the shipping will work on these iPhones, I figure why not see what everyone thinks will happen. Will the iPhone 4:

A) Ship the 3rd/4th and be in your hands on the 4/7th (1 or 2 day shipping + the weekend)

OR

B) Ship closer to the 10th or be held until the 10th so it will be in your hands ON or a day or two before the 10th.

OR

C) Ship ON the 10th and be in your hands on the 11/14th.

With all this speculation, I bet these results will be quite mixed. :D

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's history is B... and absent any information to the contrary, expecting anything else is wasted emotions. :)

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's history is B... and absent any information to the contrary, expecting anything else is wasted emotions. :)

Please continue to say the same thing over and over and over..

Really.. Just a few more times.. I think there might be someone out there that doesn't know what you believe to be true..

Even if you're dead wrong.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Please continue to say the same thing over and over and over..

Really.. Just a few more times.. I think there might be someone out there that doesn't know what you believe to be true..

Even if you're dead wrong.

Honestly highlife, YOU are the reason I picked option A. Idk, wishful thinking I suppose? :p

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
haha.. Hope is a wonderful thing.. ;)

I like hope, it allows people to deal with situations easier than admitting there is no other way. Sort of a blinding emotion in that even though we know certain situations are absolutely hopeless, pretending to have some form of hope allows us to deal with it better and not completely lose it. Then someone comes along and completely stomps on that also ehh? LOL :D;)

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I like hope, it allows people to deal with situations easier than admitting there is no other way. Sort of a blinding emotion in that even though we know certain situations are absolutely hopeless, pretending to have some form of hope allows us to deal with it better and not completely lose it. Then someone comes along and completely stomps on that also ehh? LOL :D;)

I enjoy your posts... They often amuse me.. :D

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If I'm so dead wrong - PROVE IT.

WITH FACTS.

If you are so right - PROVE IT.

WITH FACTS.

Except. You can't. Verizon has never released an iPhone, or an exclusive opportunity for existing customers to get them first.

There are no written facts supporting either of our sides. I believe what I'm told, from someone that definitely knows what they are talking about.

You are assuming you are right, because you want to be right.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If I'm so dead wrong - PROVE IT.

WITH FACTS.

Phfff..... facts..... overrated if you ask me. I mean really, who deals in factual information anymore? This is the internet, we deal in whimsical fantasy and unattainable hopes and expectations. It would appear you came to the wrong party my friend! J/K :p I'm having an awesome time with all this specualtion if you couldn't tell.

Seriously though, all is speculation, even yours KCH. I would however admit that yours, to date, stands to reason moreso than say, mine even, but half the fun is hoping and trying to justify it with nonfactual garble, at least for me anyways. If I can put off my opinions as facts and get under the skin of people who are faaaar too serious about something as silly as this..... well..... that's just an added bonus!:D

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Normally I would think that it would be in our hands the 9th or 10th, however Verizon has used some very interesting wording about us being able to purchase the device before all others because of the fact we have been loyal to them. I could see either situation happening however it does appear that we might get the phone the 4th or 7th.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are so right - PROVE IT.

WITH FACTS.

Except. You can't. Verizon has never released an iPhone, or an exclusive opportunity for existing customers to get them first.

There are no written facts supporting either of our sides. I believe what I'm told, from someone that definitely knows what they are talking about.

You are assuming you are right, because you want to be right.

What I have is experience with seeing previous Verizon device launches, and the experience and knowledge of others who've seen the same thing.

Believe it or not, history is a reliable indicator of future behavior.

Absent any other substantial, factual evidence - I will stand by the notion that in the past, Verizon shipped pre-orders to arrive to co-incide with in-store launch date, and they will continue this long standing practice.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What I have is experience with seeing previous Verizon device launches, and the experience and knowledge of others who've seen the same thing.

Which, means absolutely nothing. Not a thing.

This is nothing like any other phone they have ever launched, and I've been around for ALL of their launches, for the last 10 years.

They have never offered existing customers an exclusive chance to pre-order a device from a 'reserved quantity'..

While I understand your thinking, past releases have nothing to do with what is presently going on.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Look, I think it would be safe to say KCH, that we all agree you are probably correct in your assumption. I think what is getting 1 or 2 people is how sure of your assumption you are, not willing to concede to the possibility that we may get them sooner. Yes, in fact past history supports your assumption, but, as highlife has pointed out and myself in another thread, this is a rare event that has been years in the making. If ever there were a chance of a device coming to us sooner than launch day, surely this is it! We can all hope, in the end we'll probably be wrong and you right, but in the long run it's just a phone and this forum is supposed to not only be informational, but fun..... FUN!!!!! Now start having some fun or I swear I'll payoff a Fedex driver to forget he has a package with your name on it, come the 10th of course!:p

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Which, means absolutely nothing. Not a thing.

Just as much of nothing as:

Dream all you want... I'll stay in the reality of predicting a future event based on historical events.

And in the end, I'f I'm wrong and have a phone in my hands Feb. 8th or 9th, or before - I'll be delighted to have been wrong.

And if my phone does not arrive until the 10th, I'll still be equally pleased that they met a reasonable expectation.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, even though I disagree about him most likely being correct, I found this absolutely hilarious!

That's it! Don't give up on your position! I'm with you all the way, but I gotta say something to him so we can all get along.;) Shhhhhhh..... that was a secret btw.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just as much of nothing as:

Dream all you want... I'll stay in the reality of predicting a future event based on historical events.

Ok, based on which historical event exactly? Please site your sources. Since this has never, ever happened before. Oh wait, you can't...