3AM is confirmed

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This leads me to believe that I will have my phone shipped before the 10th if I order on the 3rd. Thoughts?
History tells me that with pre-orders, they typically will ship to arrive on store release date. I've not seen anything official that would make me think otherwise.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
saw3vd.jpg

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit, if it was.. :(

Nor would I. The problem I have though is, I will wait in front of a store until the cows come home, BUT I am not the primary account holder so I would have to get my parents to wait there as well, and they won't do that. If I do it online then I have all I need to do it myself. X_x

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my email as well... fingers crossed that they have enough. It is Verizon though... and while I love the service and would never switch, they have a tendency of selling out of new phones immediately.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Nor would I. The problem I have though is, I will wait in front of a store until the cows come home, BUT I am not the primary account holder so I would have to get my parents to wait there as well, and they won't do that. If I do it online then I have all I need to do it myself. X_x

If you are 18+, you can ask your parents to add you to their account as a 'full access' contact. That gives you the right to sign for new phones and upgrades on their account.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I just REALLY hope that the "Reserved Quantity" isn't some absurd number. :/

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit, if it was.. :(

I seriously doubt there is going to be a small # of units. Will there be people who don't get one at launch? Probably!

Reports have been that Apple has been building these since last September. I have no idea what a normal output is but, a million units wouldn't be a stretch. Verizon has nothing to gain and everything to lose by having limited units. However, history proves that the popularity of the iPhone leave some on the outside looking in but thankfully Apple typically can get more within days and not months.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are 18+, you can ask your parents to add you to their account as a 'full access' contact. That gives you the right to sign for new phones and upgrades on their account.

O' rly?

I'm 20 btw.

Now, my line IS the primary line, but it is under my dad's name. Thing is though, his name and my name are the same. How much information do they require when adding a line?

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
O' rly?

I'm 20 btw.

Now, my line IS the primary line, but it is under my dad's name. Thing is though, his name and my name are the same. How much information do they require when adding a line?

I am not the primary line, nor the account holder. However, my mother has declared me as an account manager on our Verizon account so I can do whatever I'd like. See if your parents would feel comfortable doing the same for you.

Also, they may want the last four digits of his social, usually photo id is not required though.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not the primary line, nor the account holder. However, my mother has declared me as an account manager on our Verizon account so I can do whatever I'd like. See if your parents would feel comfortable doing the same for you.

Also, they may want the last four digits of his social, usually photo id is not required though.

I control all the lines anyway. It's just, back when we started the account I was <18, so they had to sign for it. Now I control all the account happenings anyway and as such all the passwords and verification information. I don't think I should have a problem if it comes down it waiting in line. I just hope it doesn't come to that. Come on VZW, don't toy with is and actually have enough in your "reserved quantities!"

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
They will have enough to fulfill all requests on pre-order date is my prediction. They purposely use the term "Reserved Quantity" to arouse demand. If they announced that there was no risk of running out, more people would procrastinate, or figure "ehhh.... I have plenty of time to decide on this or something else." They want to lock as many people in as quickly as possible and have them use their upgrades as soon as possible also. Max out their pre-order as quickly as possible thus making it easier to fulfill requests on launch day for new customers. They are separating the 2 so that a mass of existing customers don't show up on launch day along with new customers. Just my opinion.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As much as I want to believe that, I don't think they realize how huge this will be. I went to my regular SubWay today for a Footlong Sweet Onion Chicken on flatbread with the works except olives. My regular server was there and said to me "Hey! Did you hear the iPhone is coming to Verizon!?" When I am reminded about the VZW iP4 from my lunch-stop, it's big. :D

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they realize how huge this will be.

You have to know this is not the case at all. They know full well how large the demand is and how large it's been for 4 years. I suspect they may actually overstate how many they anticipate coming from other devices, like android, and also how many might migrate from AT&T. I don't think they hit their anticipated mark at first, only after the first 2 weeks after launch date. I think we're fine and everyone needs to relax. I may be absolutely wrong and will happily admit so on pre-order day if needs be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice