3AM is confirmed

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
O' rly?

I'm 20 btw.

Now, my line IS the primary line, but it is under my dad's name. Thing is though, his name and my name are the same. How much information do they require when adding a line?

Not much at all. They need your ID to verify you are who you say, and they need either the last 4 of the social security number of the account holder, or the password if the account has one set up on it.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You have to know this is not the case at all. They know full well how large the demand is and how large it's been for 4 years. I suspect they may actually overstate how many they anticipate coming from other devices, like android, and also how many might migrate from AT&T. I don't think they hit their anticipated mark at first, only after the first 2 weeks after launch date. I think we're fine and everyone needs to relax. I may be absolutely wrong and will happily admit so on pre-order day if needs be.
To each his own. :D

We will all know on the 3rd and I'll stand by my predictions until then, as I'm sure you will.

I'm on YouTube now watching videos from the iP4 launch on AT&T and the lines there are some of the longest I've seen, and that carrier already had a previous iPhone!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not much at all. They need your ID to verify you are who you say, and they need either the last 4 of the social security number of the account holder, or the password if the account has one set up on it.

I found a way on My Verizon to make myself an "Account manager" and did so, so I think I should be all set now.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
To each his own. :D

We will all know on the 3rd and I'll stand by my predictions until then, as I'm sure you will.

I'm on YouTube now watching videos from the iP4 launch on AT&T and the lines there are some of the longest I've seen, and that carrier already had a previous iPhone!

Indeed good sir! :p About the youtube videos, you will also remember even after 4 years how AT&T managed to FUBAR the release, Verizon will NOT make that same mistake. As I pointed out earlier, Verizon tries their hardest to separate themselves as far from anything AT&T as humanly possible.

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
History tells me that with pre-orders, they typically will ship to arrive on store release date. I've not seen anything official that would make me think otherwise.

a couple of my friends have at&t and the iphone 4 they told me when they did the pre-orders they got there phones 2 days before official launch day.. so you never know what happens

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
a couple of my friends have at&t and the iphone 4 they told me when they did the pre-orders they got there phones 2 days before official launch day.. so you never know what happens

I agree, past precedent means absolutely ZERO when it comes to this device. This is not your typical Verizon launch. No Verizon bloatware, Apple got everything they wanted, this time could be different from all others.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree, past precedent means absolutely ZERO when it comes to this device. This is not your typical Verizon launch. No Verizon bloatware, Apple got everything they wanted, this time could be different from all others.

This. This is a big plus. Verizon knows how to make some crap, so I'm glad Apple told them NO!

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
3 am is hard to do i really dont know why they didnt do it for 12:01... its crazy how alot of people will be up for it though

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They did. Let's not forget about that far away land know as the West Coast. They get at 12AM.

they got it good i should of lived on the west coast cause 3 am on da east coast im already knocked out looks like ill be watching tv and sitting by my laptop hoping to keep my eyes open

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one with the plan of setting my alarm at 2:55am, get up, order the iPhone, back to ZZZZ?

It will be only a dream..... :)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No, you are not. Except my alarm will be set for 2:45 as I want to make sure to have enough time to log in to my account and have the refresh button ready.:D

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
lmao my girl told me set the alarm for 2:30... at 3:00 i dont know how the verizon website is going to hold up with so much people trying to pre-order

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I've never been asked to show ID, only for my name and the account password. I'm not asked for anything anymore though because everyone in the store knows who I am.

3 am is hard to do i really dont know why they didnt do it for 12:01... its crazy how alot of people will be up for it though

They did. Let's not forget about that far away land know as the West Coast. They get at 12AM.

Exactly. They did it according to Cupertino time.

No, you are not. Except my alarm will be set for 2:45 as I want to make sure to have enough time to log in to my account and have the refresh button ready.:D

That's my plan as well. Both for the reason you stated and in case they get started a few minutes early.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This. This is a big plus. Verizon knows how to make some crap, so I'm glad Apple told them NO!

You can get them (or will be able to) in the App Store, if you want....

...ok, done laughing? I wonder how many people will actually download the Verizon bloatware?

Am I the only one with the plan of setting my alarm at 2:55am, get up, order the iPhone, back to ZZZZ?

It will be only a dream..... :)

I'll do 2:30-2:45 or so....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro