What Phones Are You Leaving From && Company

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I already have made arrangements to sell my Blackberry Bold to a coworker as soon as my iPhone is in my hands. I've been a Blackberry user for around four years now and though they work very well, I feel feature deprived. Droids were never for me, I'm so happy I can finally get the iPhone. I've been waiting for this phone for years.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that the iPhone is a decent compromise between the two, plus I already have an iPod and MacBook Pro and will probably be picking up a 2nd generation iPad when it's released so it'd be nice to have a phone that works with my other gadgets.
Good idea. I think that is why nothing else felt "right" to me. My entire house is Apple.

WascalWabbit

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for 6 years. I'm going from a Storm 2 to a 32GB iPhone. I've wanted an iPhone since they first came out. Almost jumped over to ATT once. I'm glad I waited.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Leaving Sprint and the HTC EVO. No gripes about Sprint or the EVO. Just gotta get the best phone on the best carrier. I wasn't content with AT&T service and I wasn't going to continue to pay VZW the higher rates to use devices that I really didn't want. Which is why I was only Sprint. But now, I'm perfectly fine with paying VZW the prices for the iPhone.

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going to run over my blackberry storm2 with my car after I get the 16GB iphone 4. I hate the storm. It is perhaps the most poorly designed blackberry.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Two questions for you. Do you tend to pay full retail? And do you think you will get every new iPhone or, like I think I will be, finally enjoy what I have and won't be looking for the next big thing (at least until the 20 month mark ;))? Because I played with a few driods, asked family with them, but ultimately went with the palm pre plus because it was the most Apple-like (same vendor for software/hardware). But it never quite lived up to the anticipation or quality of my iPod touch/iOS. LOVED it the first 3 months, until the darn thing started literally burning a hole in my pocket. Then, one day, no 3G, no Wifi. I could watch the battery drop % like a count down, then couldn't even make calls. Got a replacement, but then it happened again, and now I have a fairly new one, no scratches or anything, that it isn't happening to. But now I've soured on it. 1/11/11 @ 11:11 AM didn't help matters. :D

I've never paid full retail. I'm always on a plan that either has provided me with an annual upgrade or I have enough lines where one of them is due for an upgrade when I want it. I don't always get the phone the day it comes, but I had an update come to one of my phones on 1/6, right around the time the WSJ "confirmed" iPhone would come to Verizon and be announced on 1/11.

I'm not sure if I plan on getting every new iPhone. I guess it depends on how much different the next generation differs from this one. If it has LTE, then it almost becomes a definite.

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Omg Yesss Me Too

I really want to throw this phone against the wall. I have the known issue when I click the screen I get multiple clicks at once which makes typing next to impossible. I tried changing the settings for the click screen and even downgrading my OS, nothing has helped. My screen is cracked but it was doing this before I dropped my phone. Gazelle and VZW are really willing to give me $12-$16 for it, but I would rather just destroy it even more. Maybe I should throw the storm into a blender, but I am worried about damaging the blender blades.

joekawasaki

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am also dumping a VZW Blackberry Storm 2 for a 32GB iPhone. The Blackberry OS is lame and there are hardly any good apps available for it. I have wanted an iPhone since they first came out but there was no AT&T in my area and I didn't want to switch to their crappy service anyway.

ARSkemp

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm moving from a Verizon LG Dare to a 32gb iPhone. This is going to be the first smartphone I've ever had, so i'm definitely looking forward to it.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I really want to throw this phone against the wall. I have the known issue when I click the screen I get multiple clicks at once which makes typing next to impossible. I tried changing the settings for the click screen and even downgrading my OS, nothing has helped. My screen is cracked but it was doing this before I dropped my phone. Gazelle and VZW are really willing to give me $12-$16 for it, but I would rather just destroy it even more. Maybe I should throw the storm into a blender, but I am worried about damaging the blender blades.

Don't even get me started on breaking your phone:

My Samsung Rogue (Feature, non-smartphone) is horrible. When I don't use it, i.e. it is in standby, the battery life is at MOST one day. If I make 1 phone call you can forget making it past 9PM. The "hold/lock" switch is so badly designed that I've pocket-navigated to things that I didn't even know the phone did. It freezes if you LOOK at it the wrong way. The browser is garbage and the touch screen is unresponsive. This phone is LESS than 1 year old! How can it be this bad!? If I didn't need to keep it for the 2nd line I would blast it with my skeet-shooting shotgun. Amen!

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ha Ha come on Storm 2 owners...we should gather them up and have a group demolition of these crap phones! The double click thing has hit me many times along with a host of other issues. I cant wait to break the crap outa this P.O.S.

soccerzach

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i'm ditching my pre plus...haven't really had any problems with it but it is getting to the point where typing on it is about useless.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Env Touch ---> 16GB iPhone. I actually had an OG Droid for about 2 weeks, got it the day it came out, returned it and got the Env, that should tell you how aggravated and disappointed I was with the Android OS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen