Was just thinking about this..... why would Verizon and Apple not want these in our hands before the 10th? Think about this, if we got them on say the 4th or 5th, would that not give all those who had them ample time to flaunt them in front of those who may have not previously considered upgrading or cemented the decision for those on the fence? They see us with our fancy new gadgets a full 5 days before release to new customers and they go bananas! Just a thought...
    01-28-2011 11:50 PM
    Was just thinking about this..... why would Verizon and Apple not want these in our hands before the 10th? Think about this, if we got them on say the 4th or 5th, would that not give all those who had them ample time to flaunt them in front of those who may have not previously considered upgrading or cemented the decision for those on the fence? They see us with our fancy new gadgets a full 5 days before release to new customers and they go bananas! Just a thought...
    People that say you probably will get them on the 10th (maybe a day before) only speak from direct experience with Apple and AT&T pre-orders over the past few years. I know people think well that's AT&T and not Verizon but like many AT&T subscribers already know and Verizon subscribers will know, Apple controls 90% of practically everything they are a part of and that's just how they roll.
    01-29-2011 12:00 PM
    Oh I agree completely actually, I'm just thinking aloud about what I'd want to do if it were my company. I would release it to existing customers a little before mass release to stir up desire, envy if you will, for my product.
    01-29-2011 01:47 PM
    Hello all,

I received my official email regarding my reservation for the limited supply of the verizon Iphone this evening on 1/28/11 at 11:10 EST (Florida).
    I got mine on January 28, 2011 4:15:42 PM EST.

Or they'll jump us and steal our new toys - one or the other.
    01-29-2011 04:47 PM
    got mine last night
    01-29-2011 06:07 PM
    I got mine yesterday and am a little disappointed. It didn't have any shipping info and led me to believe it said purchase ahead of everyone else, not receive ahead of everyone else.

But it did say it was my exclusive invitation, so how everyone else got one as well?
    01-29-2011 06:11 PM
    As I put in a different thread, I think that's the exact reason shipments will not arrive until 8th, 9th, or 10th. "Going bananas" = huge demand ... huge demand + extremely limited supply = huge price tag on eBay.

I don't think Apple would like people making a giant buck off a pre-sale. If they can't keep up with demand after the general public launch, that's one thing. But I don't see them condoning a pre-sale with ramifications like that.
    kch50428 likes this.
    01-29-2011 06:27 PM
    Eric, stop making sense. You'll only get crap for it.
    01-29-2011 06:28 PM
    As I put in a different thread, I think that's the exact reason shipments will not arrive until 8th, 9th, or 10th. "Going bananas" = huge demand ... huge demand + extremely limited supply = huge price tag on eBay.

I don't think Apple would like people making a giant buck off a pre-sale. If they can't keep up with demand after the general public launch, that's one thing. But I don't see them condoning a pre-sale with ramifications like that.
    Not from me. I think his logic makes a lot of sense and it's well thought out. However, since this isn't a brand new iPhone, rather an existing iPhone on a new network, I think Apple might loosen the reigns a little bit here. I hope so anyway. I'd love it if Verizon did reward current customers this way. Could I be wrong? Absolutely, I'm not claiming to know for sure - none of us do. But I do think our iPhones will be shipping out when we pre-order them.
    01-29-2011 07:58 PM
    But I do think our iPhones will be shipping out when we pre-order them.
    Here's to the power of positive thinking!

I want to believe we'll get them on the 4th simply because I don't want to wait any longer!
    01-29-2011 08:33 PM
    If it doesn't ship till the 8th or so, then why offer next day shipping or 2 day shipping? I am not saying anyone is right, but if you are offered next day shipping and wont receive it on Friday then why offer the option. And before anyone ask....it was reported here on tipb forums that there will be two shipping options.
    01-29-2011 08:54 PM
    Not only that, but think of the huge influx of activations that will occur on the 10th if we don't receive it early. If they allow us to have it and activate it sooner then I would think that may help out the system on launch day...just saying.
    01-29-2011 08:57 PM

Makes perfect sense to me... kudos for the sensible responsible.
    01-29-2011 09:01 PM
    Awww..... someone needs a hug. Maybe you could use eric's example and try making sense in one or two of your posts ehh??? EHHHHH????
    01-29-2011 09:02 PM
    Absolutely, I'm not claiming to know for sure - none of us do. But I do think our iPhones will be shipping out when we pre-order them.
    And I hope they ship out on the 3rd so this time next week I will be posting from my VZW iPhone!!
    01-29-2011 11:03 PM
    I have yet to receive an e-mail since the initial one a couple weeks ago!
    01-29-2011 11:46 PM
    I will be extremely happy if I have the phone in my hands Friday the 4th, what a fantastic weekend that would be! I think it makes sense to ship out early for the same reason that was mentioned a couple posts ago. VZ is going to get hit hard in the stores by people coming over from ATT, Sprint, etc on the 10th. It would make perfect sense for them to ship out the iPhones on the 3rd and people who choose 1 day shipping will get it the 4th and the rest will get it the 7th. This allows the activations to be spread out and won't put so much strain on the system.
    01-30-2011 01:03 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD