I know that the only real differences will be the different radio and a redesigned antenna/frame.
    Has any of the bloggers tried/posted a review of a Verizon iPhone? Just to make sure there are no issues like you normally get with 1st gens of phones.
    01-27-2011 10:10 PM
    I know that the only real differences will be the different radio and a redesigned antenna/frame.
    Has any of the bloggers tried/posted a review of a Verizon iPhone? Just to make sure there are no issues like you normally get with 1st gens of phones.
    ...this isn't the 1st gen of phones. This is the 4th (5th really). Just a different carrier.
    01-27-2011 10:39 PM
    The difference is going to be the radio... software is pretty much a known entity. And the FCC does not approve radios that are crap... there will be the usual differences between GSM & CDMA and performance differences in frequencies used.
    01-27-2011 10:44 PM
    I have a co-worker who's preordered one. It will be interesting to see how it differs from my AT&T version.
    01-28-2011 07:30 AM
    I have a co-worker who's preordered one. It will be interesting to see how it differs from my AT&T version.
    How did they preorder one early? I thought preorder was open on the 3rd??!?!??!??!?
    01-28-2011 09:11 AM
    How did they preorder one early? I thought preorder was open on the 3rd??!?!??!??!?
    Simple. They signed up for the pre-order notification but actually haven't pre-ordered one.

Or they are confused and ordered one from AT&T thinking they will activate it on Verizon 2/3.
    01-28-2011 10:27 AM
    There have been a couple videos from places like CNET in which they demoed the Verizon iPhone and provided a write up saying there was a noticeable improvement in the reception and they did not experience the "death grip."
    01-28-2011 12:02 PM
    There have been a couple videos from places like CNET in which they demoed the Verizon iPhone and provided a write up saying there was a noticeable improvement in the reception and they did not experience the "death grip."
    That's probably a combination of design changes to reflect the differences in frequencies between GSM & CDMA, and also the previous flawed design.
    01-28-2011 12:04 PM
    Simple. They signed up for the pre-order notification but actually haven't pre-ordered one.

Or they are confused and ordered one from AT&T thinking they will activate it on Verizon 2/3.
    Exactly. No one has pre-ordered one yet, that's why there's the long thread about staying up till either midnight or 3am to order it the second it becomes available.
    01-28-2011 02:12 PM
    no he didn't
    01-28-2011 04:54 PM
    I was sadly misinformed. SHE told me she preordered one and when I asked her about it today, she said "well I AM going to preorder one". My mistake.
    01-28-2011 05:15 PM
    As to the OP's question... Yes there has been limited comparison/demos. CNET did a speed test

iPhone speed test: Verizon vs. AT&T | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

If you Google it, there are numerous pics and articles detailing the similarities and differences.
    01-29-2011 12:30 AM
    As to the OP's question... Yes there has been limited comparison/demos. CNET did a speed test

iPhone speed test: Verizon vs. AT&T | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

If you Google it, there are numerous pics and articles detailing the similarities and differences.
    It is very location dependent, did CNET clear cache, history etc. on both phones? Lots of unanswered questions.
    01-29-2011 12:09 PM
    Not yet. Will have to wait till Feb 10 to actually hold one.
    01-29-2011 01:23 PM
    Not yet. Will have to wait till Feb 10 to actually hold one.
    Or hopefully sooner if we pre-order on the third.
    01-29-2011 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD