Anyone (Rene) actually demo'd a Verizon iPhone yet?

b51

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
I know that the only real differences will be the different radio and a redesigned antenna/frame.
Has any of the bloggers tried/posted a review of a Verizon iPhone? Just to make sure there are no issues like you normally get with 1st gens of phones.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know that the only real differences will be the different radio and a redesigned antenna/frame.
Has any of the bloggers tried/posted a review of a Verizon iPhone? Just to make sure there are no issues like you normally get with 1st gens of phones.

...this isn't the 1st gen of phones. This is the 4th (5th really). Just a different carrier.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The difference is going to be the radio... software is pretty much a known entity. And the FCC does not approve radios that are crap... there will be the usual differences between GSM & CDMA and performance differences in frequencies used.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
How did they preorder one early? I thought preorder was open on the 3rd??!?!??!??!?

Simple. They signed up for the pre-order notification but actually haven't pre-ordered one.

Or they are confused and ordered one from AT&T thinking they will activate it on Verizon 2/3.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There have been a couple videos from places like CNET in which they demoed the Verizon iPhone and provided a write up saying there was a noticeable improvement in the reception and they did not experience the "death grip."

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There have been a couple videos from places like CNET in which they demoed the Verizon iPhone and provided a write up saying there was a noticeable improvement in the reception and they did not experience the "death grip."

That's probably a combination of design changes to reflect the differences in frequencies between GSM & CDMA, and also the previous flawed design.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Simple. They signed up for the pre-order notification but actually haven't pre-ordered one.

Or they are confused and ordered one from AT&T thinking they will activate it on Verizon 2/3.

Exactly. No one has pre-ordered one yet, that's why there's the long thread about staying up till either midnight or 3am to order it the second it becomes available.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was sadly misinformed. SHE told me she preordered one and when I asked her about it today, she said "well I AM going to preorder one". My mistake.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods