I am eligible for an Annual Upgrade, which I believe is only available via CSR and not via My Verizon.

Can anybody in the know verify? Any body? Bueller??????
    01-27-2011 04:25 PM
    if you sign into myverizon you will see that you can use your annual upgrade on the site. thats how i plan on upgrading on feb 3
    01-27-2011 04:34 PM
    I am eligible for an Annual Upgrade, which I believe is only available via CSR and not via My Verizon.

You also have the ability to do your annual upgrade at myverizon online. You should not have any problems pre-ordering your device.
    01-27-2011 04:34 PM
    I am logged on to my account. The only upgrade I see is for 8/11 which is my 2-year upgrade date. Do I have to go throught the actual upgrade process to see the Annual Update eligibility date?
    01-27-2011 04:40 PM
    just click on upgrade and it will take you to a screen where you can upgrade at discounted prices
    01-27-2011 04:42 PM
    I am not up for a new every 2 until June, but I am eligible for an annual upgrade discount by selecting upgrade my device.
    01-27-2011 05:01 PM
    Apple - iPhone 4 - Available on Verizon February 10

Try here. This is from Apples website. My account shows the 199-299 price, but my wife is the full retail price.

There's a link to check your Verizon upgrade.
    Last edited by LooNTooNs; 01-27-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    01-27-2011 05:11 PM
    Apple - iPhone 4 - Available on Verizon February 10

Try here. This is from Apples website. My account shows the 199-299 price, but my wife is the full retail price.

There's a link to check your Verizon upgrade.
    That was going to be my suggestion as well because I read that Apple site actually does reflect Annual upgrades while Verizon's does not (which is kinda weird).
    01-27-2011 06:18 PM
    i checked both apple and verizon. apple told me the $199 where verizon told me the same but that i may have a non-refundable $20 early upgrade fee which i thought was weird since i've never had one with previous upgrades.
    01-28-2011 02:00 AM
    i checked both apple and verizon. apple told me the $199 where verizon told me the same but that i may have a non-refundable $20 early upgrade fee which i thought was weird since i've never had one with previous upgrades.
    Verizon normally charges $20 for you to do an annual upgrade. Maybe they waived it in the past. Sometimes they waive it if you order online.
    01-28-2011 07:52 AM

I just called Verizon and asked about my annual upgrade and they explained to me that they stopped annual upgrades on the 16th. I think it is funny how drastic the info is from one rep to another. Any suggestions on how I should proceed. I am eligible for my 20 month on 5/08/11. I have 3 lines all eligible at that time. It doesnt show an annual upgrade on my verizon either. The funny thing is my buddy went last weekend (1/22/2011) and got his annual upgrade. WTF???? I have been a VZW cusomer since 2000 and never been late on a bill or anything. I am even willing to wait until after launch (almost prefer so I can see how the bugs are) to get the phone. Just not till MAY!!!
    01-28-2011 07:53 AM
    The APPLE website is down. It will not do anything when I press check eligibilty.
    01-28-2011 07:56 AM
    I just called Verizon and asked about my annual upgrade and they explained to me that they stopped annual upgrades on the 16th. I think it is funny how drastic the info is from one rep to another. Any suggestions on how I should proceed. I am eligible for my 20 month on 5/08/11. I have 3 lines all eligible at that time. It doesnt show an annual upgrade on my verizon either. The funny thing is my buddy went last weekend (1/22/2011) and got his annual upgrade. WTF???? I have been a VZW cusomer since 2000 and never been late on a bill or anything. I am even willing to wait until after launch (almost prefer so I can see how the bugs are) to get the phone. Just not till MAY!!!
    From what I understand, VZW stopped letting people be eligible from Annual Upgrades on all new contracts effective 1/16/11. However, just like NE2, you should be grandfathered in to the Annual Upgrade one more time.

However, you are only eligible for Annual upgrade if you are on the Family Share 1400 Minute (or higher) plan and you've been on it for a specified period of time (I believe it's in the 3-6 month range -- they do that so you can't switch to the eligible plan when you're eligible for the Annual Upgrade then switch back after upgrading). Which Family Plan are you on?
    01-28-2011 10:22 AM
    From what I understand, VZW stopped letting people be eligible from Annual Upgrades on all new contracts effective 1/16/11. However, just like NE2, you should be grandfathered in to the Annual Upgrade one more time.

However, you are only eligible for Annual upgrade if you are on the Family Share 1400 Minute (or higher) plan and you've been on it for a specified period of time (I believe it's in the 3-6 month range -- they do that so you can't switch to the eligible plan when you're eligible for the Annual Upgrade then switch back after upgrading). Which Family Plan are you on?
    This is all accurate information. Also, you can do an annual upgrade if you are on a single line plan of 59.99 or higher.
    01-28-2011 10:25 AM

I meet all the requirements. I realize i should be eligible and intend on calling again. Thanks for the reply.
    01-28-2011 10:47 AM
    I also don't see the annual upgrade option on MyVerizon. It says eligible in September, but a rep told me over the phone about a month ago the annual upgrade was January 10th. How does the annual upgrade work on the MyVerizon website? Even when I click on "upgrade" the next page just says "upgrade at full price" on all three lines. Anybody provide any help there?

EDIT: I may have answered my own question. Buried in a VZW thread on their support forums, one of the mods explains that the upgrade button in My Verizon doesn't appear until the billing cycle is complete for the 12th month...in my case, February 4th! Let me tell you about how pissed I'm going to be if they run through all their pre-order stock on Feb. 3rd...
    Last edited by Deadbolt; 01-28-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    01-28-2011 01:04 PM
    I meet all the requirements. I realize i should be eligible and intend on calling again. Thanks for the reply.
    Called back and spoke with another CSR. Was told the same info that the young lady this morning told me. He then told me he would see if he could do something and placed me on hold. Then...walla...he said he could do a "one-time" extension and gave me the upgrade on the primary line. Awesome! And I am working nights on the third so I will already be up at 3AM est.
    01-28-2011 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD