Hi there,

I'd like to know if there is a way to delete an email address from the drop-down list that appears when composing a new email.

You know, when you type the first few letters of the recipient's name in the TO field you get a list of near matches that you have emailed previously, one of those email addresses is incorrect and needs to be deleted from the list. The contact that this rogue email address belongs to has already been deleted but it still appears on the list since it was used previously.

Image attached.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by monkey2nut; 01-27-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    01-27-2011 02:02 PM
    I don't know actually. I'd like to know myself.
    01-27-2011 02:18 PM
    I've often wondered the same thing myself.
    01-27-2011 02:49 PM
    Believe it or not, the only solution I've ever heard about for non-jailbroken phones is to do a restore as new. (Or at least a restore to a date before that contact was added.) Ridiculous.

I think there are some solutions for JB'ed phones, but even those seem overly complicated for what should be a simple operation.
    monkey2nut likes this.
    01-27-2011 02:49 PM
    Have you tried to re-input the contact person...put that email within that contact again, and then delete the email out of the contact (then delete the contact itself)? Sounds too simple to be useful but its worth a shot ya know?
    monkey2nut likes this.
    01-27-2011 03:42 PM
    ...sorry, restore as new is the way to go. A real pain, and you can't use the 'backup option' either. I believe that will also retain the information.
    monkey2nut likes this.
    01-27-2011 03:59 PM
    Thanks everyone, I think the general consensus is to restore which seems like overkill, but maybe a future software fix from apple will address this. I'll go ask them.
    01-27-2011 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD