clear previously emailed contacts from cache

monkey2nut

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
How to clear previously emailed contacts from cache

Hi there,

I'd like to know if there is a way to delete an email address from the drop-down list that appears when composing a new email.

You know, when you type the first few letters of the recipient's name in the TO field you get a list of near matches that you have emailed previously, one of those email addresses is incorrect and needs to be deleted from the list. The contact that this rogue email address belongs to has already been deleted but it still appears on the list since it was used previously.

Image attached.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, the only solution I've ever heard about for non-jailbroken phones is to do a restore as new. (Or at least a restore to a date before that contact was added.) Ridiculous.

I think there are some solutions for JB'ed phones, but even those seem overly complicated for what should be a simple operation.

Reactions: monkey2nut

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to re-input the contact person...put that email within that contact again, and then delete the email out of the contact (then delete the contact itself)? Sounds too simple to be useful but its worth a shot ya know?

Reactions: monkey2nut

monkey2nut

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I think the general consensus is to restore which seems like overkill, but maybe a future software fix from apple will address this. I'll go ask them. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR