View Poll Results: If you're pre-ordering on the 3rd, what shipping option with you choose?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overnight.

59 77.63%
  • Two-day.

2 2.63%
  • Standard.

5 6.58%
  • Undecided.

1 1.32%
  • I'm not pre-ordering on the 3rd, I just like voting in these polls.

9 11.84%
    I'll believe it'll ship the 3rd, when it happens. That'd be great for me, as all be out of town the 5-12th, and would have to have it shipped to my mom's workplace and not be able to pick it up until the 12th or 13th.

Right now, if I upgrade, Overnight Shipping is free.... but I'd gladly pay for it, IF it'll ship the 3rd. Otherwise, it'd be pointless, for me anyways.
    01-27-2011 01:18 AM
    I'll believe it'll ship the 3rd, when it happens. That'd be great for me, as all be out of town the 5-12th, and would have to have it shipped to my mom's workplace and not be able to pick it up until the 12th or 13th.

Right now, if I upgrade, Overnight Shipping is free.... but I'd gladly pay for it, IF it'll ship the 3rd. Otherwise, it'd be pointless, for me anyways.
    It wont ship the 3rd
    01-27-2011 09:10 AM
    It wont ship the 3rd
    Correct. If you are not CURRENTLY a VZW customer, it will not ship the 3rd.

If you are, of course, then it will.

shipwresler, if you are trying to imply that VZW existing, customers won't receive it the third, you are lying and spreading false information. Just stop.
    01-27-2011 09:22 AM
    shipwresler, if you are trying to imply that VZW existing, customers won't receive it the third, you are lying and spreading false information. Just stop.
    Just how do you know for absolute fact what's going to happen
    01-27-2011 09:29 AM
    I guess we'll find out when it'll ship... when it ships. [Unless otherwise news is released and CONFIRMED today.] Thanks Verizon...

((I will be upgrading both eligible lines.))
    kch50428 likes this.
    01-27-2011 09:32 AM
    I'll do it as well...within reason. $30 is my limit and $40 is my ABSOLUTE limit on that!
    I'd pay up to $60 for it. I wouldn't do that for any other phone that, I just really want my damn iPhone.

VZW overnight shipping, if i remember right is 14.99. Now, I haven't worked there in about a year but when we used to have to drop ship a phone, I am sure that's the optional overnight cost.

Hope that helps.

Also, why does it feel like its been months since they announced this... ugh I cant wait.
    $14.99 sounds too good to be true, but let's hope it not!
    01-27-2011 09:39 AM
    ship today open the 10 lol
    01-27-2011 09:50 AM
    Just how do you know for absolute fact what's going to happen
    I've known since the announcement how VZW is going to handle the release.. Don't take my word for it.

Call them up and ask yourself.. 1-800-922-0204

They are sharing the information with anyone that cares to ask.
    01-27-2011 09:58 AM
    ship today open the 10 lol
    What?
    01-27-2011 09:58 AM
    I've known since the announcement how VZW is going to handle the release.. Don't take my word for it.
    Gee, thanks for that.

You haven't "known" squat just like the rest of us. Although, some of us are making educated guesses based on historical observations of past performance on major device launches. Absent any true, official word - past performance is really a good predictor of future performance.

So - indeed, I will take your most excellent advice, and not take your word for it. I'll go with what I know, and things I learn from my trusted sources. Thank you very much.
    01-27-2011 10:08 AM
    Gee, thanks for that.

You haven't "known" squat just like the rest of us. Although, some of us are making educated guesses based on historical observations of past performance on major device launches. Absent any true, official word - past performance is really a good predictor of future performance.

So - indeed, I will take your most excellent advice, and not take your word for it. I'll go with what I know, and things I learn from my trusted sources. Thank you very much.
    I love how you refuse to call up VZW and ask them, because they will back my answer.

I love that you assume I havent "known squat". That's completely innacurrate. I can't site any of the training sources, so, I gave you the next best option.. Ask the company.

You seem to be operating a few brain cells too short.
    01-27-2011 10:11 AM
    You seem to be operating a few brain cells too short.
    Why thank you. Thank you very much. I'm sure with such stellar treatment of others with such an attitude, you'll go far in your position. I wish you much success. And you'll get it if you keep that up.

One can call VZW 5 times and get 5 different answers from CSRs. I know - I've done it multiple times.

I'll continue to go with what I know, and what I learn from my trusted sources until actual facts are revealed.
    01-27-2011 10:21 AM
    Take it to PM plz.
    01-27-2011 10:26 AM
    Take it to PM plz.
    x2 enough e-thuggin
    01-27-2011 10:30 AM

One can call VZW 5 times and get 5 different answers from CSRs. I know - I've done it multiple times.

I'll continue to go with what I know, and what I learn from my trusted sources until actual facts are revealed.
    I can't argue with that, sometimes the CSR don't relay the information they are suppose to..

Believe what you want, but what I'm saying is completely accurate. If you don't want to believe VZW about their own phone release, I guess that's your right.. (but, kind of silly..)

I guess come the 4th, one of us will be right, and one of us will be wrong.. (though, we will both be happy, seeing as how we will get our iPhones much sooner than you expect)
    01-27-2011 10:32 AM
    Ninja'd...

Ignore this..
    Last edited by highlife9333; 01-27-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    01-27-2011 04:16 PM
    Ninja'd...

Ignore this..
    Ninja got you too?

OT: I swear I've reported like 20 spam posts since joining this forum like a week ago. I wonder why it's such a spam bot target.
    01-27-2011 06:05 PM
    Ninja got you too?

OT: I swear I've reported like 20 spam posts since joining this forum like a week ago. I wonder why it's such a spam bot target.
    Lol.. Yeah..

I made a post asking if mod's ever delete the spam threads, and while i was posting it, they were deleted.

This forum does seem to attract quite a few spam bots
    01-27-2011 06:07 PM
    FWIW, I stopped in to the nearby Apple Store on Monday, and they thought that they would actually have phones there on Feb 3. Not sure they know any better than the Verizon phone folks.
    01-27-2011 06:28 PM
    To the mods - Please don't close this thread (and make a part 2) too because we got four spam posts in a row. It would be fine if it was just a thread, but it's also a poll and we have lots of results. Plus, the four spam posts are from a single person.
    01-27-2011 07:00 PM
    To the mods - Please don't close this thread (and make a part 2) too because we got four spam posts in a row. It would be fine if it was just a thread, but it's also a poll and we have lots of results. Plus, the four spam posts are from a single person.
    +1

Start IP banning the bots.. It's getting a little irritating.
    01-27-2011 07:10 PM
    I wish I could delete spam posts. I spend so much time reporting them because I have to wait 60 second between reports.
    01-27-2011 09:48 PM
    I wish I could delete spam posts. I spend so much time reporting them because I have to wait 60 second between reports.
    Indeed. We need more Moderators here to do that. I get all excited that there is a new post just to find out it is about "sexy nude asin". Yeah, spelling isn't important to spam bots.
    01-27-2011 09:59 PM
    +1

Start IP banning the bots.. It's getting a little irritating.
    Indeed. We need more Moderators here to do that. I get all excited that there is a new post just to find out it is about "sexy nude asin". Yeah, spelling isn't important to spam bots.
    Amen. When the spam posts didn't disappear after an hour or so, I Tweeted Alli and Josh, which seemed to have done the trick.
    01-27-2011 10:19 PM
    Amen. When the spam posts didn't disappear after an hour or so, I Tweeted Alli and Josh, which seemed to have done the trick.
    Now back to the topic:

Does anyone know if UPS/FedEx will make you sign for the package if you get it overnight? I'd hate to miss the delivery. X_x
    01-27-2011 10:41 PM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD