View Poll Results: If you're pre-ordering on the 3rd, what shipping option with you choose?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overnight.

59 77.63%
  • Two-day.

2 2.63%
  • Standard.

5 6.58%
  • Undecided.

1 1.32%
  • I'm not pre-ordering on the 3rd, I just like voting in these polls.

9 11.84%
    I almost spit my Coke out when I read this. If they ship it, you'll be able to activate it
    lol, that also made me chuckle when I read it.. My co-workers looked at me like I was stoned.. =\
    01-26-2011 07:11 PM
    So highlife, do you work at VZW or something?

Careful now, you don't want to order an iPhone AND a new computer/keyboard.
    Lol true!

I'm not sure what information I can share about my employment here.. Or should..

Let's just say, I know what's going on behind the scenes...
    01-26-2011 07:13 PM

I'm not sure what information I can share about my employment here.. Or should..

Ah yes, and let's just say, I'm Steve Jobs. xD
    01-26-2011 07:15 PM
    Ah yes, and let's just say, I'm Steve Jobs. xD
    Hello then, Mr. Jobs.

Give me a sweet deal on an iPhone?
    01-26-2011 07:16 PM
    I just saw a news report that they may soon make walking and texting illegal. Uh-oh, I don't want the VZ iPhone anymore, too dangerous!
    01-26-2011 07:20 PM
    I just saw a news report that they may soon make walking and texting illegal. Uh-oh, I don't want the VZ iPhone anymore, too dangerous!
    Really??

That's... interesting.. Have a link? I'd like to read that.
    01-26-2011 07:22 PM
    01-26-2011 07:24 PM
    Lol true!

If it's any compensation (or if you even care), I believe you. I just have a feeling that you know what you're talking about, and I'm usually very skeptical.
    highlife likes this.
    01-26-2011 07:25 PM
    If it's any compensation (or if you even care), I believe you. I just have a feeling that you know what you're talking about, and I'm usually very skeptical.
    Thank you, I do appreciate it. I only registered this name on the forum so I could clear up the confusion that some people are having.. I'm glad to have helped you rest easier knowing you will get the phone sooner..

I'm normally very skeptical as well, but I really do know what I'm talking about.

Thanks Darth for the link, gonna give it a quick read right now..
    01-26-2011 07:27 PM
    So this means we will have different shipping options then, correct?
    01-26-2011 07:27 PM
    Yeah, too slow and not fast enough. :'(
    01-26-2011 07:31 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm told (which I haven't been able to confirm yet) that the iPhone will have standard shipping, and overnight shipping available.

There is also talk of possibly doing free overnight shipping on the iPhone, which would eliminate the standard option, which would be great, but I can't state that as fact.

If I get more information on the shipping options, I will post them immediately.
    wolverine318 likes this.
    01-26-2011 07:31 PM
    Yeah, too slow and not fast enough. :'(
    So true.
    01-26-2011 07:34 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm told (which I haven't been able to confirm yet) that the iPhone will have standard shipping, and overnight shipping available.

There is also talk of possibly doing free overnight shipping on the iPhone, which would eliminate the standard option, which would be great, but I can't state that as fact.

If I get more information on the shipping options, I will post them immediately.
    No worries, thanks for keeping us posted. I'll be happy as long as overnight is an option, I don't even care if I have to pay for it since I'm paying full retail for the phone anyway.
    01-26-2011 07:35 PM
    No worries, thanks for keeping us posted. I'll be happy as long as overnight is an option, I don't even care if I have to pay for it since I'm paying full retail for the phone anyway.
    I feel the same. I'm not paying full retail, but will gladly pay for overnight shipping if it's not free.

I'm still crossing my fingers they decide on the free overnight!
    01-26-2011 07:37 PM
    I'll second (or 3rd) the "I'll pay for it just get me the &#(#& iPhone!" statement!
    01-26-2011 07:41 PM
    Well they confirmed it. Standard 2 day shipping, optional overnight..

Works for me...
    01-26-2011 10:16 PM
    How optional? $20, $30?
    01-26-2011 10:25 PM
    I'll be back to ask you if you've received it prior to the 10th.. I understand your enthusiasm but us AT&T boys have been there done that, you'll get it on the 10th, maybe a day sooner.

Have you been there?

I think you are incorrect.

Now, correct me if any of this information is false, but:

I don't remember ATT ever having a promotion to offer its existing customers a chance to get a certain handset before they make it available to new customers coming over to their network. Let it be any handset, iPhone or not, they have never done this.

This is exactly what VZW is doing. They are offering their existing customers a chance to get a new handset before making it available to new customers. Existing customers get their handset shipped when they order it, starting the 3rd. New customers may preorder if they want to, but will not have their device shipped until the 10th.

If you want to believe it's possible VZW has huge shipping issues and no one gets their package in time, I won't argue that fact as I'm not psychic, and can't predict the future.

But don't troll a thread claiming Verizon customers will receive their handset within the time frame that Verizon says they will, because "ATT boys have been there and done that"

You clearly have not, and don't know what you are talking about.
    01-26-2011 10:30 PM
    How optional? $20, $30?
    I have no idea on price. I'm sorry.
    Asunners likes this.
    01-26-2011 10:31 PM
    I have no idea on price. I'm sorry.
    Is there a way to find out their current overnight prices?
    01-26-2011 10:35 PM
    Is there a way to find out their current overnight prices?
    I don't normally deal with online ordering, so I'm not familiar with the normal cost associated with it.

Finding the current price is pretty easy, but it's currently free.

Cell Phone Savings & Discounts - Verizon Wireless

So, I'm assuming (and hey, I could always be wrong), that since they stated they will do standard 2 day and optional overnight, the free offer may go away.

I guess we'll have to wait it out and see on that one. I'll do it either way, free or not.
    01-26-2011 10:40 PM
    I don't normally deal with online ordering, so I'm not familiar with the normal cost associated with it.

Finding the current price is pretty easy, but it's currently free.

Cell Phone Savings & Discounts - Verizon Wireless

So, I'm assuming (and hey, I could always be wrong), that since they stated they will do standard 2 day and optional overnight, the free offer may go away.

I guess we'll have to wait it out and see on that one. I'll do it either way, free or not.
    I'll do it as well...within reason. $30 is my limit and $40 is my ABSOLUTE limit on that!
    01-26-2011 10:43 PM
    I'll do it as well...within reason. $30 is my limit and $40 is my ABSOLUTE limit on that!
    hahaha.. nice..

I know exactly how you feel!
    01-26-2011 11:28 PM
    VZW overnight shipping, if i remember right is 14.99. Now, I haven't worked there in about a year but when we used to have to drop ship a phone, I am sure that's the optional overnight cost.

Hope that helps.

Also, why does it feel like its been months since they announced this... ugh I cant wait.
    iSRS likes this.
    01-27-2011 12:47 AM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD