If you bought iPhone 4 on At&t, what is your next upgrade date?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
So I have a question. Right now, I'm the only one on my plan, and I got my iPhone 4 in late october, and I'm not eligible for a upgrade until 10/31/11. So if I add my dad on to the plan (he really wants my 3GS), can I just give him the 3GS, and use the upgrade for the i5 on his line but use the phone on my line? Sorry for the confusion, I pulled a all night-er.

You can add a new line on your account when the iPhone5 comes out, use that to get the iPhone5 and give your 3GS to your Dad.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I got iPhone 3GS the day they were released. Her upgrade date was Dec 13, 2010 in which case she got an Samsung Focus (WP7 phone which she loves). My upgrade date is Feb 22, 2011. We pay $190 a month for the two phones on the family plan. Unlimited Data/Text and the lowest amount of minutes (as we use VoIP for calls). I don't understand how the upgrade dates work but mine is taking forever (even though it's almost over), however I'm waiting for the next iPhone that should be released in June.

How much is it to add a additional line? Wish I could find someone selling an iPhone 4 as I would buy that till the next iPhone comes out as I don't want to use my upgrade this close to the next iPhone being released.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping they move upgrade dates around again this year like they did last year. I bought on launch day - stood in line and everything! But my upgrade date is 11/25/11. I understand a 12 month cycle. I understand a 24 month cycle. I could, based on that, even understand 18 months. But 17 months?

I agree, they should setup a system so that people can upgrade every 12 months. The current upgrade cycle is too long in my opinion. My original iPhone 3GS stopped working and I had to purchase a new one in October, well over a year after i purchased (purchased on iPhone 3gs was release day) but too soon for me to get the upgrade discount for a iPhone 4 (would have cost me $499, not including any fees).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree, they should setup a system so that people can upgrade every 12 months. The current upgrade cycle is too long in my opinion. My original iPhone 3GS stopped working and I had to purchase a new one in October, well over a year after i purchased (purchased on iPhone 3gs was release day) but too soon for me to get the upgrade discount for a iPhone 4 (would have cost me $499, not including any fees).

You could sell that i4 for $400+ at release of the i5 if you take good care of it. That would cover most of what the new one would cost you ;)

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You could sell that i4 for $400+ at release of the i5 if you take good care of it. That would cover most of what the new one would cost you ;)

I read this earlier today and was really thinking about doing it.. but decided to just wait it out for the iPhone 5... the 3gs really isn't that bad. Just have to have some patients.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox