Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am:

1. Transferring my contacts to gmail
2. Ordered a case from casemate
3. Browsing the app store bigtime:)
4. Reading the forum nonstop

I hope your not just browsing and actually downloading apps now. ;) You need to be ready to load that bad boy up as soon as it arrives

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's one thing existing Verizon customers need to do in preparation:

Deal with your voicemail. If you have any saved voicemails, you need to have them dealt with before activating your phone. You can use the pay service recommended by Verizon to record them for you, or - find a DIY solution.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually browsing and downloading.:) I am previewing the ones I want the most on my ipod. Some I am going to wait and see if I like the native apps that are preloaded.

Last edited:

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is what to do about my gazillion passwords. I have a Palm Treo 755P, and am not on Verizon yet. I have the passwords in Yaps, and I think I am going to have to copy them by hand and they type them all in on the Iphone. Anyone know a good password manager?

Last edited:

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Losing my mind!!!! Actually I completely wiped my iPod. Removed all the apps I no longer use and rearranged all of my music. Now I am just counting down the days. So close, yet so far away!

And of course, now I practically live on TiPb!

Last edited:

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
1. Checking this forum
2. Checking verizons iphone4 forum
3. Checking for email updates
;4. Transferring contacts to outlook n gmail.
5. Surfing app store for apps
6. Drink beer

Not in that order though lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Garz

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
My biggest issue is what to do about my gazillion passwords. I have a Palm Treo 755, and am not on Verizon yet. I have the passwords in Yaps, and I think I am going to have to copy them by hand and they type them all in on the Iphone. Anyone know a good password manager?

SplashID by Splashdata will follow you from the Treo to the iphone. I've been using it since my treo 650 days. Now on the Storm2 and heading to iphone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
1. Checking this forum
2. Checking verizons iphone4 forum
3. Checking for email updates
;4. Transferring contacts to outlook n gmail.
5. Surfing app store for apps
6. Drink beer

Not in that order though lol

the drinking beer deserves a "Thanks" Im treating it as a "Like" button :D

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've already gotten a screen protector from Phantom Skinz, a car charger, and a Seidio charging dock. I've been periodically checking SwitchEasy's website to see if they have cases available for the Verizon version yet.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
SplashID by Splashdata will follow you from the Treo to the iphone. I've been using it since my treo 650 days. Now on the Storm2 and heading to iphone.

How does the migration go? From the desktop? Either way I have to type them all in- either to splashdata on the 755P or on the iphone if I don't put splashdata on the iphone right?

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I COMPLETELY RE-ARRANGED MY ITUNES!!
I got the cover art for every song. Deleted ones I don't listen to. Downloaded a ton of iBooks, organised my movies and tv shows, browsed for apps... It took a good 2 days.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
  1. Obsessively checking this site to learn as much as I can
  2. Bought a case (casemate pop!)
  3. Bought a car charger (griffin)
  4. Browsing and downloading apps on iTunes (up to about 30 already!)
  5. Looking for access to a high building rooftop to throw my Blackberry Storm from

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
How does the migration go? From the desktop? Either way I have to type them all in- either to splashdata on the 755P or on the iphone if I don't put splashdata on the iphone right?

Yes, you would probably need to type them into their desktop app, which would be easier than on the phone. The desktop app syncs to the phone.

There may be a way to import the passwords you have. I'm not sure.

Sorry.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you would probably need to type them into their desktop app, which would be easier than on the phone. The desktop app syncs to the phone.

There may be a way to import the passwords you have. I'm not sure.

Sorry.

Thanks. You have a good point that desktop typing is much easier. Gonna look into this for sure. Splash products are way expensive which put me off them, but now I wish I had used it lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711