What are you doing to prepare?

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Gonna go backup my Itunes and then do the update. I learned the hard way about updates. Refused to do one, and somehow I lost everything in my Itunes. Had to reload it with Sharepod. Now I backup before each update.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I COMPLETELY RE-ARRANGED MY ITUNES!!
I got the cover art for every song. Deleted ones I don't listen to. Downloaded a ton of iBooks, organised my movies and tv shows, browsed for apps... It took a good 2 days.

Since 1/11, I have created a document in Pages and outlined what each page will have on it, down to the folder level. I even have what the folder contents will be. It has become an obsession. I only have a first gen iPod touch, so there are some apps that I have that don't work on iOS 3.1.3, so when I set up the iPhone, I will just do it as new.

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded a bunch of apps in iTunes.

Checking this and a few other forums multiple times per day.

Ordered a Griffen Car Charger & Incase Snap Smoke case from eBay. ($20 bucks for both shipped!) Hopefully the volume button cutouts are the same for the Verizon phone, but if not, I can simply snap the hole that separates the two and it should work perfectly.

Now I need to hear some type of info regarding the status of 1-year contract availability.

My BB Bold must know it's about to be retired and pimped on ebay because its been acting up lately! :cool:

soccerzach

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My BB Bold must know it's about to be retired and pimped on ebay because its been acting up lately! :cool:

My pre plus is pulling some crap lately too that isn't helping its case as remaining my back up phone much.

I have downloaded a few apps from iTunes, not really getting too many, especially the paid ones until i have it in my hands. Other than that i am trying to raise the money to get it, at least by the end of February. Not really wanting to stay up and preorder, but will have it soon. Also i have avoided buying a case yet because the one that i really want is the Casemate waddler. I have an obsession with penguins and have to have it.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So far I just cleaned out my Apps section a bit and removed the old iPhone apps that I don't want anymore. Aside from that, I ordered a blue bumper from Apple.

Also i have avoided buying a case yet because the one that i really want is the Casemate waddler. I have an obsession with penguins and have to have it.

I just Googled the Waddler case because I too have a thing for penguins and it's amazing! The only downside is that it looks kind of bulky. Other than that, it's rather incredible.

soccerzach

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i think i will get along fine with the added bulk, none of my previous phones have really been all that low profile. it looks like it will add just enough for me to feel right at home.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Got the Casemate POP case. Now all I need is the phone... The 10th can't get here fast enough. Those already with Verizon are in the home stretch....

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Question ... I know iTunes will accept different sync options - different settings for my iPad and iPhone, but is there anyway to get the sync options set for my iPhone before I actually get it?

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Question ... I know iTunes will accept different sync options - different settings for my iPad and iPhone, but is there anyway to get the sync options set for my iPhone before I actually get it?

I don't think so, unless you have an iPod touch that you will be duplicating the set up. Even then, not sure.

Ordered my case today (and screen protector!) - Got the splash CRUISER Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Slider Case for iPhone 4 off Amazon.

Oh, and some of you may know this, I never thought of it before, but in the reviews for a lot of the screen protectors, they say to run a hot shower, and put the protector on in the bathroom, the steam prevents the dust from flying around. Going to try it with the first one, since it is a 3 pack, figured there is nothing to lose!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Nope, can't do it until you get your iPhone. Otherwise, I'd do the same thing.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You can go in ahead of time and set Itunes for a manual sync, (under options) as long as you have another device to sync with Itunes so you can do this.

Reactions: Asunners

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
1.) Bought PowerSupport Crystal Screen Protector (Front and Back)
2.) Bought a Belkin Car Charger (That charges fast)
3.) Writing down a list of all the apps i want to get
4.) Making sure i have a backup list of contacts

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
1. Checking this site and forum every spare second of every day.
2. Trying to figure out a way I can get up in the middle of the night without waking up my wife and kids so I can order this amazing phone... ;-)

Everything else has been ready to go since the day I heard the official announcement...

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Got all my contacts backed up.
Started to download the apps that i need RIGHT when i get the phone (facebook, twitter, pandora)
Set my alarm for 2:45 AM on Feb the 3rd.
Sold my Blackberry Bold

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't get my contacts to back up using Backup Assistant. It keeps telling me that my password is incorrect but when I use the "forgot password" button, it sends me the same password I entered. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234