Ok i just tried this and did not work till i had to go to each pic and send seperate. Is there a way to do this but all together?

Thanks
    01-25-2011 10:22 PM
    There is no way to natively batch send pictures unfortunately...i wondered this a few months back when taking pictures of an accident and trying to send them to the insurance adjuster, had to do it one by one...ugh.

There is an app called "sendphotos" that does it, but it has some negative reviews...its free though.
    01-25-2011 10:29 PM
    There is no way to natively batch send pictures unfortunately...i wondered this a few months back when taking pictures of an accident and trying to send them to the insurance adjuster, had to do it one by one...ugh.

There is an app called "sendphotos" that does it, but it has some negative reviews...its free though.
    Yeah but with that app you need a online account that you send the pics to first..Why cant you add photos to emails? Not a smart thing...
    01-25-2011 10:54 PM
    Yeah but with that app you need a online account that you send the pics to first..Why cant you add photos to emails? Not a smart thing...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you couldn't simply compose an email, and then copy and paste the other photos you wish to send into that message? I've tried this just now via copying one image, and then going to the other, using the menu to select "Email Photo" and just pasted the other photo into the message?
    01-25-2011 11:12 PM

Wait, what? Just do this:

Open Camera Roll
    Tap arrow icon
    Tap photos you want to select
    Tap share, choose email or MMS.
    Done, it will open an email with all your pics in there already.
    emscapt47 likes this.
    01-25-2011 11:51 PM
    Don't forget there is a limit though. You're not going to be attaching 10 pics.
    01-26-2011 12:05 AM

Open Camera Roll
    Tap arrow icon
    +1

I regularly attach 4-6 pics in an email.
    01-26-2011 12:38 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you couldn't simply compose an email, and then copy and paste the other photos you wish to send into that message? I've tried this just now via copying one image, and then going to the other, using the menu to select "Email Photo" and just pasted the other photo into the message?
    I do copy/paste when I want to add photos. Mainly because 90% of the time it's not a new email I'm composing, but rather a reply to a threaded email conversation or something to that extent. So, in wanting to keep the threaded convo all together, I'll start replying/typing the email, then double tap multitask on over to my photo album, view a photo, hold to copy, then multitask back to the email and paste wherever the cursor is. I've added several pics to an email like that.
    01-26-2011 12:54 AM
    Don't forget there is a limit though. You're not going to be attaching 10 pics.
    Yeah, but it seems like other folks don't even know that you can do multiple pics AT ALL, so this would be huge news for them if it means sending one email instead of five.
    01-26-2011 01:36 AM
    Open Camera Roll
    Tap arrow icon
    i use this feature quite often. up to 5 photos at a time only
    01-26-2011 03:02 AM

Open Camera Roll
    Tap arrow icon
    I wasn't referring to this process of adding pictures one by one to an email...i was referring to a "batch" program where you just choose a bunch of pictures, and they are added in a batch and sent in a simple step. Basic logic would understand that you could go in and add pictures one by one to a single email and then send (up to whatever the data transfer limit is on the emails).

Batch sending to me means having the ability to choose multiple pictures and then add them in a single step...that is what i was referring to, and that is what i was posting that "app" for (again, not that i thought it was a good option, i've never used it).
    01-26-2011 07:13 AM
    "Batch sending to me means having the ability to choose multiple pictures and then add them in a single step..."

How is that different from what I just described? My method chooses multiple pictures and adds them in a single step.

What am I missing?
    01-26-2011 08:07 AM
    Limited though...up to like 4 right? Or 5...i can't remember. Yes, your process will work in a limited fashion, but when you want to send a batch (i guess i should have clarified that my initial situation i referred to was a group of 20 pictures)...i guess i just assumed he meant a large number of files, and was unable to batch send them. So yes, for technical sake, your procedure does work to a point...for those that view a batch as more than a couple of pictures though, there is not a native way of doing this.

I guess where we are confused is what i was personally viewing a batch as...i can see why it was confusing as i didn't explain the amount of pictures i was trying to send (or assuming the OP was trying to send) as it simply gives you the MMS option at that point.
    01-26-2011 09:04 AM
    Oh, I gotcha. I do wish that was nativemy mom is iPhone-photo crazy right now and takes dozens every day.

And then she sends me a separate email for each one.
    01-26-2011 09:22 AM
    Gmail has a 25mb limit and I assume many other email providers have some type of attachment size limit. So really this kinda makes 20+ photos a moot point does it not? (assuming you are not shooting vga sized photos)
    01-26-2011 11:24 AM
    ^^^ Hardly moot at all, when you send the pictures and they average below or right at 1mb per photo...i mean forget 20 pictures, lets say 10...you could safely say that at 10 pictures, even at larger sizes, you'd under that 25mb limit...but you're still limited to 4-5 pictures. Im not saying this is a consistent issue by any means that i run into, but at times, like anyone else, you might have an event that people want to see pictures of, or a situation where alot of coverage to the right people will benefit you (IE: car accident)...
    01-26-2011 11:57 AM
    The iPhone 4 pictures average around 2.5mb a piece... thats assuming you are shooting at full res. I realize everyone is different, but I would conclude that most people shoot at full res. I know that I do.

I just dont think its that big of a deal personally.
    01-26-2011 12:07 PM
    ^^^ I never considered it a big deal, it was a response to the original poster and then a discussion about batch sending more than the iPhone will allow you to before it only gives you the MMS option. I personally dont think i would ever download an app to do it, i'd just go about it one email at a time...as far as the size goes, unless i want full res for keeping the photo, i usually send at a medium or large setting which decreases the size substantially sometimes...
    01-26-2011 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD