I'm gonna be a newbie to buying the iPhone with pre order (Gunna be getting 4 for the whole family cause we are all elligible).

Is the process done through the apple website or verizon? (if its both, which is better?)

and another question, if I need to switch my minutes and data plans when I order the iPhones, would I be able to do it when I order the phone?

I have a HTC Inc. right now. I'm kinda excited to try the iPhone world.
    01-25-2011 09:26 PM
    you could do it on either site apple may be a little easier to get worked out the verizon website is a real pain at times especially if they get a lot of people visiting the site which will happen when time for preorders. You will be able to change plans if you want when you order the phone
    cruiz1022 likes this.
    01-25-2011 09:29 PM
    you could do it on either site apple may be a little easier to get worked out the verizon website is a real pain at times especially if they get a lot of people visiting the site which will happen when time for preorders. You will be able to change plans if you want when you order the phone
    K so if I use the Apple website I would still be able to switch my minutes plan and data plans?

I figured that the Apple website can hold more traffic so that's where I was gunna order it from.
    01-25-2011 09:31 PM
    I'd guess it would be similar to what comes up for AT&T custos when they order via Apple... you pick the phone, then a plan, and features.
    01-25-2011 09:33 PM
    I'd guess it would be similar to what comes up for AT&T custos when they order via Apple... you pick the phone, then a plan, and features.
    If I'm paying full retail, I don't have to go through any of that right? At this point, your better off going to Apples website for the preorder just for the $50 lower price.
    01-25-2011 11:37 PM
    If I'm paying full retail, I don't have to go through any of that right? At this point, your better off going to Apples website for the preorder just for the $50 lower price.
    I agree, though not sure you can. I tried today to see how it worked, pretending to be an AT&T customer. When you get to the page that asks for your wireless number, account info, etc, there are some FAQ's at the bottom.

I clicked "Is a new contract with AT&T required?" and this is the answer.

A new 2-year commitment with AT&T is required when starting your purchase online. Additionally, the Apple Retail Store offers a no-commitment iPhone for the full retail price.

So one could assume that the same will be in place for Verizon. Which stinks, because I have an Apple Store gift card I wanted to use.
    01-26-2011 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD