How does Pre order work for iPhone?

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna be a newbie to buying the iPhone with pre order (Gunna be getting 4 for the whole family cause we are all elligible).

Is the process done through the apple website or verizon? (if its both, which is better?)

and another question, if I need to switch my minutes and data plans when I order the iPhones, would I be able to do it when I order the phone?

I have a HTC Inc. right now. I'm kinda excited to try the iPhone world.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you could do it on either site apple may be a little easier to get worked out the verizon website is a real pain at times especially if they get a lot of people visiting the site which will happen when time for preorders. You will be able to change plans if you want when you order the phone

Reactions: cruiz1022

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
you could do it on either site apple may be a little easier to get worked out the verizon website is a real pain at times especially if they get a lot of people visiting the site which will happen when time for preorders. You will be able to change plans if you want when you order the phone

K so if I use the Apple website I would still be able to switch my minutes plan and data plans?

I figured that the Apple website can hold more traffic so that's where I was gunna order it from.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess it would be similar to what comes up for AT&T custos when they order via Apple... you pick the phone, then a plan, and features.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd guess it would be similar to what comes up for AT&T custos when they order via Apple... you pick the phone, then a plan, and features.

If I'm paying full retail, I don't have to go through any of that right? At this point, your better off going to Apples website for the preorder just for the $50 lower price.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If I'm paying full retail, I don't have to go through any of that right? At this point, your better off going to Apples website for the preorder just for the $50 lower price.

I agree, though not sure you can. I tried today to see how it worked, pretending to be an AT&T customer. When you get to the page that asks for your wireless number, account info, etc, there are some FAQ's at the bottom.

I clicked "Is a new contract with AT&T required?" and this is the answer.

A new 2-year commitment with AT&T is required when starting your purchase online. Additionally, the Apple Retail Store offers a no-commitment iPhone for the full retail price.

So one could assume that the same will be in place for Verizon. Which stinks, because I have an Apple Store gift card I wanted to use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative