Apple Store Help Question?

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought my phone at an AT&T Store. If I have a problem with my phone can I bring it to the apple store even though I didn't buy it there? I have the 90 day coverage for it, which reminds me do you think it's worth getting the $70 2 year coverage plan?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can get assistance with your iPhone at ANY AT&T or Apple store in the country...though id highly suggest sticking with Apple stores for help in all situations.

As far as the coverage...if you plan to keep your phone for 3 years, then yes, i guess it would be worthwhile...i rarely keep mine over a year (as that is the frequency on new iPhone releases), so to me its not worth it...but long term, $70 sure beats full price or used price even 2-3 years down the road if it fouls up and stops working.

FYI...iPhones are quite reliable, and serious problems usually show up quickly, keeping you within the 1 year manufacturers warranty...

Reactions: iPhoneGleek

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes if you have problems, just make a appt with the genius bar at Apple. Always deal with Apple and not Att on technical issues.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes as it's been stated Apple is the way to go, you can make your genius bar appointments online for any store in the world I'm pretty sure, know you can in the US, and they are all very knowledgeable and helpful for the most part

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Regarding AppleCare, I personally think the $69 price is a bit high, but I generally like the peace of mind of having some extra protection, as well as having phone support, plus I've just heard that Genius Bar employees are far more receptive to helping customers whom have products under AppleCare, even if they're still in their original one year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods