Hot spot to cost $20 extra a month

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I really wish verizon would offer this for free. It would be a prefect way for them to say, suck it at&t we can handle all of the extra 3G. I really dont wanna pay for this, but if it was free..well then i would consider buying a Wi-fi iPad and use my hotspot so i could use it almost anywhere.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had heard that they were not going to charge for that feature. That really sucks! They only charge $9.99 a month right now for me to use that on my Droid X.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Nice thing about this is it's just an added feature - you can use your MyVerizon account management website and add it for a month if you want to, then drop it again - you're not stuck with it on a contract.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice thing about this is it's just an added feature - you can use your MyVerizon account management website and add it for a month if you want to, then drop it again - you're not stuck with it on a contract.

That is a very good point. You can activate it when you want to use it.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well its cheeper then what I would pay with my EVO. Sprint charges $29.99 a month, so even though its $10 less, its still a good deal.

These hot spot things should be month to months rather a 2 year contract.

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea I too was hoping this was free, but it is a good thing that you can add it or take it off when you want. About the jailbreak thing.....What is the pros and cons to a jailbroken iphone? I hear or see a lot of people with them jailbroken, so whats bad about it? And is a free hotspot avaliable in a a jailbroken phone?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well its cheeper then what I would pay with my EVO. Sprint charges $29.99 a month, so even though its $10 less, its still a good deal.

These hot spot things should be month to months rather a 2 year contract.

The hot spot is a month to month thing, isn't it?

daihan123

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Bummer...

I have MHS free right now with my Palm Pre Plus on my VZW plan, probably cause they wanted to get rid of the Palm Pre inventory. It is a feature I love and when I travel to places that charge for wifi access, the feature really shines for me. Sure not the fastest. But fast enough when you need it...

MHS was the feature the one feature that was a dealbreaker for me if it was not available on the VZW iPhone. I know that sounds silly, but I do happen to really like my Palm Pre. But like most of you, have always wanted an iPhone. I love my iPad and all my iPod devices. Would like to see if I could possibly be grandfathered in with the free MHS since I have it now for free. Prob not, but wishful thinking.

Guess more reason for me to hold out on next iPhone offering later this year or even next year.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Of course this wasnt going to be free. Vzn isnt stupid. Yes you can do this for free if Jailbroken

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the range of the MHS will be? How far around the phone will it work? great for traveling. Hotels charge about $12 a day for Wifi, wouldnt mind adding it for the month for a trip and letting other people with my use it. Curious if it will work acroos the hall in a hotel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2