Insurance: get it or not?

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So I have a dilemma, I am obviously switching over to iPhone once Feb 10 rolls around, Droid has given me enough grief. Anyways, I'm looking into the squaretrade insurance and was wondering if it is worth purchasing? I may only have this phone until the possible iPhone 5, so potentially a few months. So really, for the current iPhone users, how prone to trouble is the iPhone 4? Thanks in advance

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If it's a phone physical or software defect - that's covered under warranty for a year. Insurance would cover loss, theft, accidents, water damage, etc. Do you feel lucky??

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I plan on putting a case on it along with some sort of anti glare shield. I don't have much personal experience or know of other iphones since I've been hidden from them on Verizon. So I'm wondering how much the case actually protects an iphone from drops. They appear to be fragile it seems.

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
@Jamsom

Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that squaretrade would be a poor decision or going through Verizon's insurance would be bad?

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're in college consider College Student Insurance (Google it). it covers all property pretty much no questions asked. I had to claim a $2000 laptop and a $599 phone last year because of accidental damage and would've been up the creek without them.

Reactions: blu3live

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Check your homeowners or renter insurance poilcy, you can insure the device due to loss or theft and get paid full retail for new one... I know I just had to use mine unfortunately

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently at the Naval Academy so I will look into the College student insurance. I expect my iphone to go to rough places, my droid has held up well I hope to say the same once I get a ViPhone

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
If you are super careful with your devices like me - you won't need it.

But even the most careful people have a problem or two every now and then. :D -- so its kinda a toss up.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SquareTrade looks to be about $99 for 2-Year coverage on a 32GB iPhone 4 ..... only problem for me is that I have never kept a phone for 1 year let alone 2.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
i like the idea that whatever happens with my iphone, i can always get support (of course within it's warranty period). I am a little bit careless so I really need this.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If u have squaretrade and don't keep the phone as long as the warranty is for,they refund the remaining months.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Insurance is for the "what ifs". We never plan on anything happening, but there are no guarantees.

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what it costs to replace a cracked screen on the phone? I have never dropped my iPod touch or my Storm in the many years I have owned them. I chose not to get insurance.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
With Squaretrade, are you able to sign up with it at any time when you own the phone does it have to be as soon as you activate it? Probably a stupid question but just curious.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen