This question may have been asked and answered already. Will you be able to purchase an applecare protection plan on your verizon iphone any time within the initial 1 year warranty like you can if you purchase directly from the apple store? Thanks.
    01-25-2011 02:05 PM
    AppleCare is their thing - once you buy a device, you can get AppleCare on their terms from anywhere that will sell it to you.
    01-25-2011 02:08 PM
    This question may have been asked and answered already. Will you be able to purchase an applecare protection plan on your verizon iphone any time within the initial 1 year warranty like you can if you purchase directly from the apple store? Thanks.
    I would think that would be correct.
    You have to buy it before the original warranty expires which is one year.
    01-25-2011 02:10 PM
    Yes unless you live in Florida. I remember reading that it is not offer here.
    01-25-2011 02:10 PM
    Yeah, why not in Florida?
    01-25-2011 02:39 PM
    AppleCare is their thing - once you buy a device, you can get AppleCare on their terms from anywhere that will sell it to you.
    When I spoke with an Apple representative at our local Apple store a few days ago, he was convincing me to purchase my iPhone 4 directly from the Apple store, and his reason for this was the only way to purchase Applecare for the iPhone is to purchase it through the Apple store, nowhere else.
    01-25-2011 03:12 PM
    When I spoke with an Apple representative at our local Apple store a few days ago, he was convincing me to purchase my iPhone 4 directly from the Apple store, and his reason for this was the only way to purchase Applecare for the iPhone is to purchase it through the Apple store, nowhere else.
    My Local Walmart has AppleCare boxes on the hook among their iPhone accessories.
    01-25-2011 03:52 PM
    My Local Walmart has AppleCare boxes on the hook among their iPhone accessories.
    As does almost every AT&T store I've set foot in, They even offered it to me at the time I did my exchange to get an i4 but I turned it down as I wanted to wait until I had gotten my next cheque.
    01-25-2011 03:58 PM
    Yes unless you live in Florida. I remember reading that it is not offer here.
    Um, I live in florida and AppleCare definitely works here...
    01-25-2011 06:45 PM
    Um, I live in florida and AppleCare definitely works here...
    Will AppleCare be available for purchase from Verizon Wireless?

Yes, AppleCare will be available for purchase from Verizon Wireless except for all Florida addresses, including direct fulfillment ship to Florida addresses.

This it from the FAQ from the Verizon site. I think Florida customer can get it but it as to be directly from apple. It can't be purchased form a 3rd party.
    Last edited by rich13er; 01-25-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    01-25-2011 07:07 PM
    From the FAQ: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.

Yes, AppleCare will be available for purchase from Verizon Wireless except for all Florida addresses, including direct fulfillment ship to Florida addresses.
    01-25-2011 07:07 PM

This it from the FAQ from the Verizon site
    Ha!! We must've posted at the same time!
    01-25-2011 07:08 PM
    I wonder what the FL thing is about.
    01-25-2011 07:49 PM
    I live in Florida and AppleCare definitely works here.
    01-25-2011 09:22 PM
    VZW states you can't buy AppleCare from them in FL. Not that you can't buy it, just not from VZW, you have to get it directly from Apple.
    01-25-2011 11:55 PM
    yes. you can buy it before the one year apple warranty expires. i wonder why applecare in Fl is not available.
    01-26-2011 04:51 AM
    Are their advantages purchasing AppleCare over a company like SquareTrade?
    01-26-2011 09:27 AM
    Are their advantages purchasing AppleCare over a company like SquareTrade?
    AppleCare is extension of warranty to two years, and full tech support after the first 90 days free - it does not cover loss, damage due to drops, water exposure, etc. or theft.
    01-26-2011 10:07 AM
    My experiences with Apple Care have always been good. I have it for my ipod touch, and it has really helped when I have had questions. The techs I have spoken with have been really knowledgable. I am seriously considering getting it for my new iphone.
    01-26-2011 12:52 PM
    OK, but what are the general costs on this, and how does that differ from a third party insurance provider?????
    01-26-2011 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.