Kinda a weird question, how stong is the vibration on a IP4? I often miss emails on my BB because the vibratation is not strong enough for me to feel if im not sitting still.
    01-24-2011 12:06 PM
    I would say its "fairly" strong.. but nowhere near as strong as you can have a BB vibrate. I remember the BB Storm sounding like a tank when it vibrated, so I guess it depends on which BB you have.
    01-24-2011 12:10 PM
    Yea, I have the Tour. there are times I have it down on a glass table and I cant hear it. My kids phone(non smartphone) I can hear downstairs if she has it on her nightstand!
    01-24-2011 12:29 PM
    it depends, do you put your device in your pocket or do you have a holster?

i have mine in my pocket and when i'm moving around, in vibrate only, i have the tendency to miss calls, emails, alerts etc. however, i am constantly checking my phone so rarely do i miss something for any significant length of time

IF you plan on using vibrate mode exclusively i would recommend any apps/tweaks that will allow you to have repeating alerts
    01-24-2011 01:27 PM
    I have gotten into that crazy habit of checking every 5 minutes. The thing I will miss most is just looking at the LED.
    01-24-2011 01:50 PM
    I feel the vibrate on the iPhone is pretty **** poor.
    01-24-2011 02:26 PM
    Dunno...my vibrate only works about 30% of the time which sucks since my phone is always on vibrate. But I am too lazy to bring it to the Apple store...
    01-24-2011 04:48 PM
    i have mine in my pocket and when i'm moving around, in vibrate only, i have the tendency to miss calls, emails, alerts etc. however, i am constantly checking my phone so rarely do i miss something for any significant length of time
    Yeah...pretty much the same for me. The vibrate is not as strong as the one on my old BB Curve was.

Fortunately, I am OCD about checking it all the time.
    01-24-2011 04:53 PM
    Not as strong as RIM devices, but adequate. +1 OCD, I constantly check it anyway.
    01-24-2011 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD