I have a blackberry storm 2 and when I receive MMS's that contain moving pictures and audio they come in as one. But on my iPhone they come in separate. Does anyone know how I can change this if it can be changed at all?
    01-24-2011 11:57 AM
    Maybe ask the folks over at crackberry.com, they most likely would have more suggestions for you.
    01-24-2011 12:26 PM
    Moving pictures and audio? You mean a video? lol...if so, that should come as one video with audio, not separated video and audio.
    01-24-2011 12:32 PM
    Maybe ask the folks over at crackberry.com, they most likely would have more suggestions for you.
    No I want to change it on my iPhone
    01-24-2011 12:34 PM
    Moving pictures and audio? You mean a video? lol...if so, that should come as one video with audio, not separated video and audio.
    Well my iPhone separates it and receives it as two messages, one audio and one video. Even if it's just a picture with audio it still separates it
    01-24-2011 12:36 PM
    To the OP, you can't change it. It's just the way that the iPhone does it but it's not really that big of deal, just touch the video and it will start to play sound and all.
    01-24-2011 02:10 PM
    Wait wait wait...are you complaining because of the way the message is delivered? lol...when you press the video in the MMS, does it play all together? If so, what's the problem?
    iquinn likes this.
    01-24-2011 02:14 PM
    Wait wait wait...are you complaining because of the way the message is delivered? lol...when you press the video in the MMS, does it play all together? If so, what's the problem?
    No the sound and video are separate you can listen to the audio and look at the video but not at the same time. Sometimes the video doesn't even play it just comes in as an image have someone you know send you an MMS with audio and video and you will see what I mean. I also mean those funny MMS's that the audio describes what the picture is
    01-25-2011 01:36 AM
    I sort of understand what the OP is saying, Occasionally I'll get sent an MMS as part of a forward from a contact or friend, There is usually a still image with a small (sub-350kb) WAV or MP3 file attached to it which is a sound clip, I've not however seen anything in which a video is sent but the audio is sent separately.

To the OP, Like iQuinn said, Your not able to change how this works, It's just how the message formatting of iOS works, As someone who used a BlackBerry since 2007/2008, I sort of understand why this might not seem logical, but you'll get used to it eventually, If you get a video which contains truly separated audio, I suppose (provided your on a 3GS/i4) you could use iMovie to combine the two back together and play them in sequence.
    Last edited by xDAKx; 01-25-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Rewording; Clarification
    01-25-2011 01:58 AM
    I have a blackberry storm 2 and when I receive MMS's that contain moving pictures and audio they come in as one. But on my iPhone they come in separate. Does anyone know how I can change this if it can be changed at all?
    Sounds like you are getting some of those propriatary Verizon (or any carrier really) messages that people forward around like spam. Often little cartoons or videos. When I get one they come as 2-3 seperate messages with garbled words and characters then the video and then nomrally some more junk with info about the sender embedded.

If someone records a video on the phone or actually puts it into an MMS it will come as one. If it's one of those annoying carrier things it gets messed up.
    01-25-2011 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD