iPhone4 - "cant be restored error..." help.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay I am in dfu mode and itunes is saying I need to restore the phone before it can be used. I tried restoring it and it then says it can not be restored due to an error. So I am downloading iOS 4.2.1 from a direct link and I am going to install it by shift + restore...Is that the correct way?

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So that didn't work. The error code I am getting is 1013 and apple support says :

Error 1004 and 1013: This error may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being blocked, redirected, or interrupted. Adjust your hosts file or security software to ensure that connections to gs.apple.com are not blocked. If the issue persists, try restoring on another computer with a known-good connection. If this restore is successful, you will need to contact whoever supports your install of the operating system and security software installed on your computer for assistance. If your hosts file redirects requests to gs.apple.com, you may choose to follow Can't connect to the iTunes Store, in the "The 'hosts' file may be blocking the iTunes Store" section.

If I go to gs.apple.com on my pc, it takes me to the Cydia iPhone app screen.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
update : Got everything to work.

Went to the host file located C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com then restored it, still was in recovery loop and used tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery and all went well! Phew!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It really is quite amazing what a little pressured work will do...good job on fixing it on your own, you learn so much more this way than having someone simply telling you exactly what to do...always more rewarding.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It really is quite amazing what a little pressured work will do...good job on fixing it on your own, you learn so much more this way than having someone simply telling you exactly what to do...always more rewarding.

You are exactly right!!! Just at the time I wanted it fixed quickly! haa.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro