Verizon CSR Just Told Me Telesales Will NOT Be Open When iPhone Launches At Midnight!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
As always, take this with a grain of salt as we know how reliable CSR's can or cannot be, but I thought I'd share what I was just told.

So I just called Verizon and was informed that neither customer service nor telesales will be open with the iPhone launches at 12:01am on February 3rd. And if he's right, that means if the site crashes then we're all screwed. He also told me that there is absolutely a "bill to account" button at the checkout screen, but I'm not sure I believe him as I've never seen it in the millions of times I've ordered phones. So while I'd rather bill it to the account, it isn't a huge deal as I can put it on my debit card. I'm just getting impatient as I want my iPhone more than I want my next breath. ;)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see there being an issue with getting the phone, whether you order it at 12:01a.m. or 4:37p.m.. I think both Verizon and Apple have planned accordingly for this event. This isn't like an XBOX360 at 1 WalMart on opening day with only 50 for the whole store. They have these things stockpiled I'm sure and more than enough for those of us existing customers to all have one. I will be right there with you at 12:01 on the 3rd but I'm not going to freak out if there is some temporary or intermittent issue. :)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see there being an issue with getting the phone, whether you order it at 12:01a.m. or 4:37p.m.. I think both Verizon and Apple have planned accordingly for this event. This isn't like an XBOX360 at 1 WalMart on opening day with only 50 for the whole store. They have these things stockpiled I'm sure and more than enough for those of us existing customers to all have one. I will be right there with you at 12:01 on the 3rd but I'm not going to freak out if there is some temporary or intermittent issue. :)

I sure hope you're right. It's just my personality to worry about little things though, I can't help it. :p

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I feel you there bro! I'm the same exact way. I try to plot out all the scenarios and then plan accordingly on how to best deal with said scenario. Both Verizon and Apple have been planning this for some time and I believe they have had plenty of time to manufacture enough units.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I feel you there bro! I'm the same exact way. I try to plot out all the scenarios and then plan accordingly on how to best deal with said scenario. Both Verizon and Apple have been planning this for some time and I believe they have had plenty of time to manufacture enough units.

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. And it drives me nuts when people are so relaxed about planning and then something goes wrong because they weren't prepared and it affects me. So aggravating. :p

I'm sure they've had enough time too, but I've wanted this thing way too long to take even the slightest chance. ;)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted an iphone when I bought that Droid. I only got it because I wanted a smartphone and AT&T service is so nonexistent out here that customers are lucky to get EDGE service, seriously. The Droid was a huge disappointment to me personally. I've been with Verizon for going on 14 years and they've always had the best coverage so this is a match made in heaven for me. I'm almost embarrassed to say it but I actually had a dream the other night about the iphone, woke up from a dead sleep pretty aggravated that I'd been awoken by a dream about a phone of all things.

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with a Representative from Verizon a few hours ago and I was told that they still don't have any details regarding the sale of the iPhone. He said they probably won't know anything until the middle/end of next week so I'm not sure why the Rep you talked to told you that.

Also FYI, On Verizon's site it states the iPhone may go on sale earlier than Feb 3rd:

-iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a ?first come, first serve? basis via VerizonWireless.com, on or around February 3rd 2011 ? details to be confirmed a week prior by Verizon Wireless-

Here's to hoping nobody's computer lets them down on the big night

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
There will be plenty of phones to go around. 12:01 whats the big deal it's not like you getting it over-nighted to your door on the 4th anyways. I if I were you i'd be more worried about the activation of your phone.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I wanted an iphone when I bought that Droid. I only got it because I wanted a smartphone and AT&T service is so nonexistent out here that customers are lucky to get EDGE service, seriously. The Droid was a huge disappointment to me personally. I've been with Verizon for going on 14 years and they've always had the best coverage so this is a match made in heaven for me. I'm almost embarrassed to say it but I actually had a dream the other night about the iphone, woke up from a dead sleep pretty aggravated that I'd been awoken by a dream about a phone of all things.

I know exactly how that feels because I did the same thing. The Droid promised to be an alternative to the iPhone. Not necessarily better or worse, but a satisfactory alternative, but that's not what it was to me. At that point, Android still felt like a BETA OS with all the "force close" messages you'd get. That's why I was so hesitant to try the Droid 2, but I'm glad I did. By the time I get my iPhone, I will have had my Droid 2 for seven months (I got it at 9am on August 11th, the day it launched) and I've actually enjoyed it. Not as much as an iPhone, but you know. :p The Droid 2 is just so much more stable and refined. It still lacks polish and pizazz, but it was more than usable. Plus, the keyboard is beyond improved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro