Annual Upgrade questions

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my question is this:

I talked with CS a few days ago, and I was eligible for the annual upgrade before Jan. 16, so I am being grandfathered into it. I know that I can't use the annual upgrade to preorder the iPhone, but would it be possible to use the annual upgrade at the Apple store, rather than Verizon? Thanks! :)

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe apple will have access to Verizon account info so you should be able to get the 2year contract price at apple

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Saweet! :) The only thing I wonder is if the only way to see if I was eligible for the annual upgrade was to call CS (it isn't available online), maybe if Apple can't look it up on their systems, maybe I could call CS when I get there and have them talk to the Apple rep.? Maybe??? :)

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Why can't we use an upgrade to order the iPhone?? I'm eligible for an upgrade and I was planning on using it Feb 3 (or sooner)

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was specifically told by a rep over the phone that we indeed could use our NE2 upgrade for the iphone. I was very specific about that in my questioning.

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my question is this:

I talked with CS a few days ago, and I was eligible for the annual upgrade before Jan. 16, so I am being grandfathered into it. I know that I can't use the annual upgrade to preorder the iPhone, but would it be possible to use the annual upgrade at the Apple store, rather than Verizon? Thanks! :)

I see no reason why you wouldnt be able to use the annual upgrade to preorder. i called cs and asked them if i can use my moms annual upgrade to preorder bc she is in month 15 of her 2 yr contract and they said as long as you pay the $20 fee you can use it to preorder iphone

what makes you think you wouldnt be ablet to?

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From the VZ iPhone 4 FAQ page:

8.If I?m an existing Verizon Wireless customer and I?m eligible for an annual upgrade, will I have to pay the standard $20 early upgrade fee to purchase iPhone 4?

No, if you are currently eligible for an annual upgrade, the standard $20 early upgrade fee will be waived for customers purchasing iPhone 4 until the end of March.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I see no reason why you wouldnt be able to use the annual upgrade to preorder. i called cs and asked them if i can use my moms annual upgrade to preorder bc she is in month 15 of her 2 yr contract and they said as long as you pay the $20 fee you can use it to preorder iphone

what makes you think you wouldnt be ablet to?

When I called CS to ask if I was eligible for the annual upgrade, I asked if I would be able to use it to preorder the iPhone and she said no, the annual upgrade could only be used in an actual Verizon retail store, and it couldn't be used online or through telesales. :(

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get it. Have you ever signed onto myverizon? The option to upgrade is there and you just click to upgrade if you have an annual upgrade. Why would they take this option away for just the iPhone?

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I see the upgrade feature when I log in online and was told by a VZ rep that I could use it for the iphone 4 on the 3rd.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I see the upgrade feature when I log in online and was told by a VZ rep that I could use it for the iphone 4 on the 3rd.

When I log in, I only see the NE2 upgrade date, not the annual upgrade date. That's what I'm afraid of. I'm hoping maybe if I order it via telesales then MAYBE I will be able to preorder it using my annual upgrade. MAYBE! :)

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
right, i see that too but it also says upgrade now, click upgrade now and you will see on the next screen it says upgrade at discounted price

Nuttz565

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I too am currently at the 15 month into my contract. When I log into Verizon it says I won't be able to upgrade until month 18. Can anyone clarify when you can upgrade with promotional pricing with verizon. I have seen any where from 12-18 months????

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I too am currently at the 15 month into my contract. When I log into Verizon it says I won't be able to upgrade until month 18. Can anyone clarify when you can upgrade with promotional pricing with verizon. I have seen any where from 12-18 months????

As of 1/16/2011, at month 20. 4 months prior to your 2-year contract end date.

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As of 1/16/2011, at month 20. 4 months prior to your 2-year contract end date.

that's only correct for people who signed a new contract after 1/16/2011...if you have not renewed since then (i am assuming no one on here has) then you will be grandfathered in

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
that's only correct for people who signed a new contract after 1/16/2011...if you have not renewed since then (i am assuming no one on here has) then you will be grandfathered in

I do believe it's for a 1-time use, though. If you upgrade now at month 12-19, and therefore sign another 2-year contract (I don't think you can upgrade "early" and just sign a 1-year), you will have to wait 20 months the next time.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have one more question. I called CS a few days back to ask about when my annual upgrade date is, and I got the rep's name and the exact time I called them. This rep told me that I was eligible on Jan. 22, so I would be able to use the annual upgrade to purchase the iPhone at promotional pricing. I talked to CS again today, just to confirm, and this time the rep told me a different thing, basically saying I had to wait until April to use the annual upgrade. So, should I try going into a corporate store on Feb. 10, explaining that "I talked with this specific CS representative at this specific time and date, and they told me this that I was eligible." Even if the store rep pulls up different information than what the CS rep told me, would I be able to use my annual upgrade since I have the exact time, date, and the name of the CS rep I talked to? Thanks for ya'lls help and advice! :)

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I HIGHLY doubt that would work. A store employee told me my BB Storm 1 was toast and that I should call CS, tell them the situation and to replace my S1 for a Storm 2... yea the phone rep didn't give a sh*t what the store guy said and I got another refurb S1.

What does your online account say, as far as your upgrade date? IF you're eligible for a annual upgrade, it should be on month 12+.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2