• 59-63

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 64-75

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
44 years old, and my wife of the same age is probably getting an iP4 in a few weeks as well.

It seems ironic to me that the most uptight and defensive posts in this thread have been made by the young'ns. :D :D

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
WOW post 103 and over 200 votes!! This is doing good and its a close race...I hope maybe a MOD could make this a sticky..Well keep up the good work and thank you to all who have posted/voted....

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
22, and will either get the Verizon iP4 or 5 when my plan is up (last day of April). I haven't decided yet whether to wait or get it the day my 20 months are up... it'll depend on the rumors around the time. Either way, it's Apple from here on out!

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Time to bring up the average again.... I'm 52 (iPhone 4 user) and my better half is 47 (iPod Touch 4th Gen user).

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This makes sense that the highest number of users are those most likely in a career and earning a regular salary: we're the ones who can actually afford the astronomical data plans.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
unless the kid is spoiled and has mommy and daddy to pay for it.

I'm 21 and I pay my $250 phone bill on time every month by myself. Not all young people have "mommy and daddy" pay for everything. Plus, if they're in school, what's wrong with having their parents pay for it? I see nothing wrong with that. I always got everything I wanted growing up I'll never apologize for it because it didn't turn me into an entitled brat. And now that I'm of age, I buy myself everything I want and don't have to ask for anything.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm 21 and I pay my $250 phone bill on time every month by myself. Not all young people have "mommy and daddy" pay for everything. Plus, if they're in school, what's wrong with having their parents pay for it? I see nothing wrong with that. I always got everything I wanted growing up I'll never apologize for it because it didn't turn me into an entitled brat. And now that I'm of age, I buy myself everything I want and don't have to ask for anything.

That comment was not aimed at you, but more so 14-16 year olds who rack up high phone bills

I had my first job when I was 17 and I paid for my own bill

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That comment was not aimed at you, but more so 14-16 year olds who rack up high phone bills

I had my first job when I was 17 and I paid for my own bill

I know it wasn't, but your comment was a wide generalization. You should have specified what you just said, but it's honestly not a big deal. I wasn't offended then or now, just stated my opinion regarding the matter.

hopper

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? What you are measuring is the average age of a forum user/responder. My 83 year old mom has an iPhone, but she, like 99% of the iPhone population is not here to participate.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Averages can be locally accurate, and still reflect an overall accuracy as well...people do averages all the time on a corporate scale that includes only a very small ACTUAL number of people in the overall user base. If you look at the claims most carriers use as far as "the most preferred" or "the best working", these are usually based on a very small fraction of user base that was asked and gave answer...this is no different, it was just a way to come up with an average, obviously the entire iPhone community would not be here to participate so the average would not reflect such, but it does reflect a community, and that in itself makes it legitimate.

Studies have found that 100 people asked at random can, in most cases, reflect a very accurate picture of a much larger average pool...the numbers will obviously skew one way or another but it is the pattern that begins to form in such a small and local poll.

Take Nielsen for instance...obviously a VASTLY larger poll group, but the numbers seem to follow our own fairly accurately with the exception of the older group, who obviously are not going to be as involved in online forum posting and communities, thus making their numbers drop in comparison with neilsen's.

This nielsen poll was also taken before the $199 iPhone 4 was released, which in itself would yield higher numbers in the younger age base...increasing both the teen/early 20 and mid 20/early 30 focus group, which deff reflects what our poll shows with just the forum responding.

iphone_audience.png

Last edited:

hopper

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.... but this group is neither random nor is it likely highly correlated with smart phone or iPhone buyers in general.

Just my .02

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.... but this group is neither random nor is it likely highly correlated with smart phone or iPhone buyers in general.

Just my .02

Splitting hairs man...what exactly are you trying to accomplish by pointing any of this out? That you think the poll doesn't mean much to you specifically? Great...thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh